Go Bottom Go Bottom

NorTrac NT 404B Reviews

View my Photos
SemperFi
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-05          152765

I have been looking at the NT 404B w/front loader & backhoe.
As I live too far from visiting a showroom, I've stumbled upon this site. Some interesting comments. If one looks at Northern's feedback on this item, one is very positive, and the other is very negative. Nortthern's position is that this is a machine for small time operations. Not intended for hard contiuous activity. I am a small time operation,
but would still appreciate any feedback from you folks.
And forget any financing incentives...it's their way or the highway!

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NorTrac NT 404B Reviews

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-05          152767

Northern told you right. Whereas I've read of a few cases where Chinese tractors have been used for commercial purposes (one place actually rented them out), the vast majority of owners are retirees like me, weekend warriors, gentlemen farmers, and the like.

If I'm not mistaken, Northern is still rebadging the 40hp Jinma as their NT404. You'll get a lot more info on the machine by using "JM454" or "Jinma 454"as search terms. It's more common, almost the same tractor, just 5 more horsepower.

If you haven't already figured it out, Northern's "free shipping" is actually hidden in the catalog and online price. I suggest you contact a retail store for a floor price. Despite the distance, you might save some (hidden) freight charges buying from a Northern retail store. Or - look around for a Jinma dealer that's closer to you.

//greg// ....

NorTrac NT 404B Reviews

View my Photos
SemperFi
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-06          152779

Greg - you're a Thesaurus of information. I see that you are
a prolific contributor. Thank you for the information,
I'll check out all that you've presented.

Thanks,

Dave ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login