Go Bottom Go Bottom

25hp vs 30hp

View my Photos
omegatoo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-07          125734

Does anyone have any experience with the 30hp Nortrac? I'm trying to decide and think the 25 will be enough for me (I only have 5 acres, flat, grassy/scrub), but I only want to do this once, so I wouldn't be terribly averse to spending a little extra money for the 30 if it would improve the tractor's life.

Thanks for any advice.

O2

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

25hp vs 30hp

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-07          125736

Omega

I have a Jima 25hp 4wd with a fel. It is the same as the nortrac by northern tool. This is a chineese tractor with a standard non-syncornized transmission. Nothing fancy and I think it is all cast iron. I have no problems with mine it came from Farm Pro I suggest if you buy one get it from a dealer it maybe a few dollars more but you will have service, and parts. I have 5acres flat no rocks red Ga. clay and sandy loam. I dug a 40' X 40' X 5'deep garden pond with the fel. More horse power is always good with a new boy toy. I think it is only $1500 more. I am happy with mine it has surpassed all I wanted. I am a first time owner so it is a good learning machine and it gets the job done. Best of luck. ....

25hp vs 30hp

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-07          125740

30hp might be considered a bit much for 5 acres, but I found the gear and range spacing on my 254 unsuitable for working my hillsides. The entire 200 series started out life as an 18hp tractor, beefing up a little here and a little there over time. The 30 hp Jinma was actually built as a 30 hp machine. Even though it may be a tad large for 5 acres, I think you'd like it better - and it will probably live longer.

when replacing the 254 I skipped the 300 series altogether, and jumped straight to a 45hp tractor. In hindsight I should have done that in the first place, but I learned a lot about JM254s in the process.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login