Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
ackley280
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-14          79891

Am considering addind a rear remote to my TC33D for a hydraulic toplink. Was wandering if anyone has tried this task on their own. I thought I saw a post some time ago where someone said they bought the parts from NH and did it themselves. Don't have a dealer close and I bought the tractor used. Is this too much for a do-it-yourself project? Anyone know what a dealer will charge to do this? Any thoughts appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
cerberus

2004-03-14          79893

As You asked for ANY Thoughts :) I'd go for more than one remote while You're taking the trouble to install it .
You can then have top link control ,as well as tilt control . I only had my tractor plumbed for one valve . But i should have gone for at least 2 remotes . John ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
ackley280

2004-03-15          79926

The toplink I understand but not the tilt. Do you use it that much? ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
TomG

2004-03-15          79932

It should be easy enough as a do it yourself project. The JD Fundamentals of Service-Hydraulic manual is a decent introduction to basic principles.

My tractor came with one rear outlet and I wish it had two (but I guess it's not a big enough issue for me to see if I can find another valve section for my British made valve assembly). I'd use the 3ph tilt when cutting side-grades such as road crowns. I have a forklift with carriage tilt that requires two valve-controlled outlets. When I use the forklift I have to steal the loader bucket valve. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-15          79936

I find the tilt really handy when cutting shallow terraces across hilsides with a rear blade.

Most blades will tilt but the angles are too acute for roads and terraces. They are more set up for ditching operations. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-16          80068

the hardest part about putting the retome on is taking off the rear tire the whole thing comes in a kit with step by step instuction. it is a 3 on a 1 -10 scale ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
BillMullens

2004-03-17          80139

I agree. Two hour job on my TC29. Getting the wheel on and off is the hardest part. The dealer listed remotes for ~$400; when they came in they were only about $250.
Good luck,
Bill ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
Hendo

2004-03-17          80144

When I bought my TC33 2 months ago I had the dealer add a rear remote, they charged me $500. I have not use it yet because I can't afford the hydraulic top link. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-03-23          80848

I installed a single remote on my TC33D myself. The dealer told me 4-1/2 hours at $75 an hour. I did it in about 2. The hardest part was jacking up the tractor and removing the tire, and the inner wheel liner (the nuts are hard to get to). Be careful threading the nut on the steel lines--I crossthreaded it! DOH!). Do yourself a favor and remove the bracket the control levers rotate on---mine broke at the mounting plate (luckily I welded it while still on the tractor). Be sure to brease the valve housing where it meets the tractor--rust will deleope overnite if not taken care of right away. Go with two remotes while you are there. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-03-23          80857

WOW, 75 an hour? Get real, this is mechanical work not nuke science!! I would think 50-60 would be more in line for a fair labor rate.(Then again I am from the upper central part of this fine country. Also 500 for an extra rear outlet, I guess I got a heck of a deal at $195, I sure am glad I told em to go ahead, and he highly recomended it at that price. (Now I see why) ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-23          80863

most dealers are between 58 and 62 dollars an hour. depending on how nice your salesman is is how much your going to pay for anything when a sales man cuts a deal it comes out of his/her commission. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-05-07          85505

We're in the southern Detroit, MI area, so the Labor Unions drive labor prices up (even though my dealer isn't union). Guys that do nothing but do powerwashing tell me they want $100 an hour to wash my equipment. The lowest was a truck stop, and they wanted $75. I typically charge from $65 to $100 an hr. for residential excavating/earthmoving---and it's hard to make ends meet sometimes. Around here we get $100 an hour for snow plowing. High insurance rates doesn't help either! ....

Link:   

Click Here

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-05-08          85558

Earthwks
Nice site!
You are right about the insurance costs and I bet this latest increase in fuel doesnt help at all either. Its safe to say that those union wages that are a pain to pay for when you need work performed in your area. On the flip side (since your in buisness for your self) When they cash those union checks and have a little surplus after bills, I bet your glad they call you up to come and do some work for them. LOL Just a little fun!!!
Tom ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-05-08          85560

Jeff
Why dont you get certified as a welder? Just wondering ?
I have never had to pay for certification so I have no idea how much it costs or if the insurance for something like that is out of sight. I like your workshop on wheels!!! real good idea, it looks real impresive in your flyer. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-05-08          85572

When my wife had a private practice I did her books.

After some consultation, I began to hold back 50 percent of her gross income for taxes and routinely fell a couple thousand behind by the end of the year.

So........ maybe the "self employment tax" has a bearing on the cost of hosing down tractors????????

BTW, at the time, we lived in a city with no sales tax and there was no state income tax. If we had lived where there was a state income tax......... well, can you say 60 percent withholding?

Wow. We get to keep 40 cents out of each dollar we generate!! Whoops, excuse me... I haven't paid the business rent yet, or the phone, or the answering service, or the malpractice insurance, or....or... ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-05-13          86009

for a top and side link cyl,with the remotes,it will run about $1200 for everything ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-05-14          86023

brokenarrow: Thanks for the compliment on the website--I wrote the text and drew the illustrations (what I used to do professionally before excavating biz). A local guy uploaded to the Web. I took some welding classes in school, did some production welding, etc.---welding is something I like to putz around with (I enjoy building mechanical things) so the welding aspect is an off-shoot of a hobby really. Self-employed welders typically make about $50 an hour, so there isn't a lot of money in it. The workshop-on-wheels and welding service is something I created to serve my niche in the self-storage (mini-storage) market where I could roll up to a site and spend as much as a week or two fixing things then move on to another site which could be on the other side of state. You are right about insurance--any time an agent hears of a "trade" with high liablity---it's through the roof. So I treat it as part of my "handyman" coverage. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
garray75

2005-09-09          116145

My first post here so please be gentle. I would like to add rear remote hydraulics to my TC30. I would like to do the job myself but would it be much cheaper to buy parts separately rather than the kit from New Holland? If so, is there someplace that has a description of the procedure? You can call me cheap as it is true, but I find satisfaction in doing jobs like this myself. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
oneace

2005-09-09          116148

I doubt it could possibly be cheaper buying separate parts than a kit. Any way sent me a message and I will explain the procedure. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-09-09          116150

I doubt very much you can find the same valve suppliers NH uses to mate to their existing valve body without goi9ng to the dealer. Also the two steel lines & holder bracket are precision-bent so you would not gain anything by having someone make them for you. However, I screwed up my installation and ruined one of the fittings so I ended up replacing the steel lines with rubber. And like anything else it is (usually) much cheaper to buy the kit. Think of how much it would cost to build a car if you bought the pieces individually---about 3-5 times the cost of just buying it assembled!

It's actually a fairly straight forward installation---the biggest "problem" is removing and installing the right-hand tire---seriously! ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
garray75

2005-09-09          116156

Good explanation. I will get the NH kit and do it myself. Thanks. That is the input I needed for that decision. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
lewy44

2005-09-21          116736

Does anyone know where to get a good deal on rear remote valves for my NH TC33D? Sure I know that toys are expensive but $480 for the first valve seems pretty steep. I may have to consider using the loader valves as I have only one implement which needs rear remotes. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-09-21          116744

The dealer is the only place to get the kit. Everything is in there including good directions. I paid about half of what you posted. It's well worth the cost, but if I had to do it over gain, I'd spring for a second rear remote from the start. I have three rear remotes now, but the valving and extra locking valve assembly (to keep cylinders locked in place for a special hydraulic quick-hitch) adds a lot of weight and cumbersomeness---but it works. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
lewy44

2005-09-21          116745

Where did you get yours? I really like my local dealer, but not that much. Do you suppose there is that much flexibility or margin in their profits or has the cost of steel skyrocketed? ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
beagle

2005-09-22          116751

Adding rear remotes with or without a FEL is a simple procedure, and can be done with parts that sre readility available from several places. (See Pics.) I added them to the 7800 for less than half the cost of the Kubota kit. If you are interested, let us know. The hookup is straight forward after you understand what the circuit needs to look like.

We set up the 7810 remotes so all the hoses are hidden under the tractor, but safely tucked. The remote plugs are on a bracket bolted to rear axle. I did't want the bracket attached to the ROPS that you get fromm the stock kit, so we did something a little different.

Kubots kit cost for two spools - $850
My cost for three spools(about)- $380

Either way, they add a lot of function to the tractor, and are well worth the money. ....

Rear remote hydraulics

View my Photos
lewy44

2005-10-10          117667

I went to my local dealer for a remote valve for my TC33D. They quoted me a price of $480 for the kit for one valve and an additional $480 for the second valve. Since I had seen other prices on this forum much lower, I checked around. John at Corriher Tractor gave me a price including shipping to South Dakota of $325. John did say the second remote kit was about $500.

Since I am a DIY kind of person, I installed the kit in just over an hour. The instructions seemed sketchy at first; however the installation went without much difficulty. The biggest problem I had was the existing 3 point lever interfered with the newly installed lever. A little persuasion and installation was completed.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login