Go Bottom Go Bottom

Injection pump problems 1725

View my Photos
Med730415
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-11-05          198838

I’m new to owning something this big, so I after one summers worth of mowing and a winter of some plowing changed the fuel filter, the oil and filter. Does the fuel system need to be primed? My 1725 while mowing my 10 acres slowed down and just stopped. No real warning, a little lose in power but not enough to make me worried. But as I was making my last pass it just slowed down gave a small little back fire and stopped. It had fuel, new oil and new filter what did I miss. It cranks but does not turn over

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gravely

2019-11-08          198842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Med730415 | view 198838
.... so I after one summers worth of mowing and a winter of some plowing changed the fuel filter, the oil and filter.....

Summer of 2018 or 2019?

If Summer of 2018 then Winter of 2018 -19 then dormant until Nov 2019 you probably have condensation (water) in the fuel. ....

View my Photos
gravely

2019-11-08          198843

Else do not know if 1725 is self priming if not bleed the lines ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-11-08          198844

If it died out after cutting 10 acres of grass it's a fuel supply problem.

I'm seeing issues with fuel line degradation the last while, I don't know if it's something their putting in diesel now to make it 'cleaner' or to make up for the lack of lubrication from the removal of sulfur or what. Basically the inner core of the rubber fuel line breaks down to the point it chokes off the supply of fuel to the engine. Usually shutting it down for a period of times allows the blockage to open allowing continued use, but only for a short period of time before it happens again.

It's a cheap experiment, change out all the rubber hose in the fuel system for new stuff and see if the problem gos away.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login