Go Bottom Go Bottom

new holland 3 point won t lower TN65S

View my Photos
markmm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-10-22          193911

I have a TN65S and the 3point will not lower. I have taken the linkage all off and the problem seems to be internal in the area above the rear axle. the shaft the linkage attaches to will turn almost a full turn and nothing happens

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-10-22          193912

Is there an adjustment knob to adjust how fast the lift lowers on your tractor? No idea on your tractor but many have them and normally around the seat. Look between where your legs would be below the seat and look at the rear of the seat. If it has that valve and it is turn shut fully your lift if it will lower will be very slow but think if fully shut if will hold the lift up. It is made to adjust the fall speed but also to hold load up for travel. kt ....

View my Photos
markmm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-10-23          193913

been there done that. my john deere has that valve. this is way worse than a control issue. the shaft that controls the 3-point will spin completely around and feels like it is not connected to any thing inside the transmission. it appears to be a major job. thanks for your reply. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-10-25          193915

It could be just come loose in the transmission. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-10-26          193926

Depending on your comfort level of opening up the transmission you may find it an easy fix or not. If you are comfortable with doing so I would suggest a stop by the shop of dealership and see if they will give or sell you a parts diagram (you may find on one the internet also) but ask the shop manager if there is something to be alert to on this. Some will share a few words of advice and others will not give you the time of day. Just like any other business.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login