Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC33D oil cooler hose

View my Photos
phred1923
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-14          154617

I have the oil cooler hose bursting problem posted 3-24-03 and 3-17-03.
I have replaced the hoses and get about 6 hours run before they burst again. Has anyone found a real solution to this?
I have had the tractor one year, used it to mow last summer and snow removal last winter. It is stored in an unheated shed. There were no problems last year. The HST filter has the pressure relief inside. I tried a new filter from the dealer but it didn't solve the problem.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC33D oil cooler hose

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-14          154620

I still have the same issue with mine--they leak. I'm considering rerouting the point at which the lines connect to the cooler; the lines are way too close to0 the bottom of the cooler which cause the rubber elbows to fit in such a way it causes failure. And I think you can't necessarily just hard plumb it as there has to be some allowance for vibration--it seems anyway.

This must be one of "Ford's better ideas." E-e-e-e-k! ....

TC33D oil cooler hose

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-15          154622

I saw this info on a different site(posted 5-31-06). I haven't changed mine over yet....

This is a known and common problem with the hoses, it has nothing to do with high back pressure and is not indicative of more problems to come. No need to replace your tractor. Your dealer should know there's a fix for this problem which includes different hard lines that allow replacing the elbows with straight hoses. It's been available since at least last November(2005). Total Cost is approximately $75(more now)

Qty Description Part Number

1 Rigid Tube 87304506

1 Rigid Tube 87304509

2 Hoses 87345854

1 Roll of Conduit 87333678

From what I could tell, you get new metal lines that have the elbow in them and then your rubber hoses are straight. treeman ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login