Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC55DA PTO Problem

View my Photos
Branchville
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-18          153771

My PTO lever will not move to engage. Worked fine last summer/fall and the rest of the tractor functions but when I tried to hook up the bush hog, no luck. Even without any implements attached the PTO lever seems frozen and will not engage. The first pivot point is loose when the PTO handle is disconnected but pivot point into the transmission seems stuck. Any one have this experience before and what is the solution? Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-21          153850

Try spraying all linkage with such as WD 40 and keep working it. This can be a problem especially if such as fertlizer (guess salt also) has been on the linkage. You will be amazed how the balls in the lift arms rust in place the same. kt ....

View my Photos
Branchville
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-21          153855

Thank you for the suggestion. It was exactly what the service person at the dealer told me after I had posted the message. Will give it a try. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-22          153866

Do your self a big favor, don't spray it once and forget it. A quick spray on all that linkage at least twice a year or any time after beiing used with fertlizer or I assume salt is good maintance. As the saying goes, been there, done that. kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login