Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland 2007 TC26 Advice

View my Photos
jimmyk
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-25          146062

Hello,

Looking at buying a new TC26 with FEL and a backhoe mainly used for landscaping around the 4 acres, no grass cutting. Not a lot of information on this model any info would be great.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-25          146063

Suggest you tell us more about your planned projects. In my opinion smaller tractors with a back hoe provide very limited capacity and reach. My initial reaction without knowing your plans is go bigger. ....

View my Photos
jimmyk
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-25          146064

A lot of the work is moving rocks for the wifes rock gardens, and digging holes for planting trees so I was hoping that a smaller machine I could get closer to the house and out buildings. I have been comparing to a Kubota 7510 and was surprised that there was a $100.00 difference in price between them. I realize they are a fairly new model any info would be great. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-25          146086

My theory is always buy one size up from what you think you need.

As far as a backhoe to dig holes for trees, that's not the right piece of equipment. First off, you have to break up the clods of dirt from the hole, vesus using an auger which will make the dirt crumbly. And too much money for just doing that. Buy or rent a 3pt post hole digger, and rent an auger for about $25-35 for the day. You don't need to auger down more than 12-18" normally. And buy a set or several sets of clamp-on loader bucket forks. They are perfect for picking up and placing rocks, or anything really. Place several forks next to each other and you have an indispensable multi-purpose bucket for picking up firewood, debris, brush or use as a rake. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-09-26          146092

EW is right, use the money you would have spent on the backhoe towards buying the next bigger machine (my recommendation also).

In fact for landscaping I would suggest you'd get far more use out of something like a grapple bucket than a backhoe.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login