Go Bottom Go Bottom

Operating my tractor

View my Photos
shadowjetjockey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-17          145813

Hi folks,

Just took delivery of a demo TZ25 but wasn't home when dealer dropped it off (no manual either). I figured out how to start the damn thing but not how to put it into gear. Would appreciate any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Operating my tractor

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-18          145824

First off welcome!!

I take it from the monicker you're another fly boy, and a 'neighbour' too boot!!

Did you make some progress on the TZ yet, if not, take a drive by the dealers and pickup the manual, read it thoroughly too, sitting on the machine while your read it will make things a bunch clearer, after that it's easy.

Best of luck. ....

Operating my tractor

View my Photos
mobilus
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-18          145827

Call the dealer up and ask them to come back out for a lesson. Seems the least they could do. Not to mention the possibility of the seller assuming the liability involved with selling a piece of equipment without proper instruction on usage to the consumer. I know that it is Kubota policy to provide that instruction. ....

Operating my tractor

View my Photos
shadowjetjockey

2007-09-18          145832

Hey Murf,

Neighbour indeed - eastern Ontario. Plane driver too - Bird dog tug pilot, glider instructor, C130 sim time, all fun stuff. Had to give it up when kids came along (haven't been up since '93). Restricted to Flight Sim now but hoping to get my butt back up in the air real soon.

Tried looking for manual on-line last night. Ended up calling my dairy farmer next door to help me out. Finally got it going (I wasn't tugging at the Hi/Lo range selector hard enough it seems). Put it through its paces this morning . After operating Case backhoes and Cats, I was pretty impressed with the FEL and backhoe performance for a subcompact tractor of this size. ....

Operating my tractor

View my Photos
shadowjetjockey

2007-09-18          145833

Thanks Mobilus. As I only have the demo for a couple of days on a trial basis, I'm going to move ahead with purchase soon and will read the operator's manual from cover to cover before I damage something on my new machine. ....

Operating my tractor

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-18          145846

Murf: I used to write and illustrate automotive owners and service manuals. We used to laugh that we got paid to write that stuff and no one read it. Looks like you fall into that one-tenth percentile, eh?

Shadow: At least in the States, at delivery New Holland dealers are required to have the new owner officially sign-off on a full check list of how to operate the machine. ....

Operating my tractor

View my Photos
bloggins

2007-09-19          145853

Good choice in tractors, you won't be disappointed, it's got lots of power for its size. ....

Operating my tractor

View my Photos
Murf

2007-09-19          145857

Jeff, it's a pilot thing, the military was the same, you have to be checked out on any new ride short of a toilet seat. ;)

Shadow, are there still L-17's around? :) Either you're showing you're age or they are still running some antiques out there.

I take it you were at Pendleton with the Gatineau club?

I've got time on nearly everything with wings, fixed and rotary wing. I've even got a little stick time on the C130!!

I get out that way the odd time, I've got friends in Merrickville and Calabogie.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login