Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland EHSS transmission performance

View my Photos
dogbreath108
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-08          143515

Does anyone out there with a EHSS transmission find it not worth using??
When using my shuttle function to change direction (without clucthing) the shuttle function seems MUCH to hard an the drive train. Even with a idle rpm of about 750 rpm. There does not seems to be any feathering to the change. When using the Mode switch, all it does is delay the shift from about 1 second to about 2 seconds. Which seems completely useless in any application. Maybe mine is not functioning correctly as this is the only one I have driven.. I am used to the shuttle transmissions on the larger industrial machines, which is a great transmission because it uses a torque converter much like a automatic transmission in a vehicle. You get a lot of control and it does not pound on the machine.

Any comments would be great

thanks

Joe

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Holland EHSS transmission performance

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-09          143528

Dogbr; I'm not familliar with haw the Boomer shuttle control works, but likely pretty similar to my 4310 Deere W/12-12 Power Reverser, it has a slow/fast reaction time switch on the fender. Mine in the slow mode is also a bit too quick for my pleasure so I just kind of feather it with the clutch and don't even realize I'm doing it. I've got a tech manual for the 4310, but never took time to see if there is a fine tune adjustment for it or not. Likely someone more Boomer oriented than I can fill you in. Frank. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login