Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loading R4 tires

View my Photos
happytractor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-26          136325

Have a question again about loading R4 tires on the TC26 New Holland. I am seriously thinking of loading the rear tires for a couple of reasons. One a lower center of gravity and stability and traction especially on slopes another for addittional weight with or without the ballast box and with or without the loader attached. This is for the rear R4 tires. Now would it be an atvantage or disadvantage to load the front R4's also? I know for sure it would probally not be good with the loader on at times though. Anyone have further ideas or suggestions of experiences on this? Thank you.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Loading R4 tires

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-26          136328

There is no advantage in loading the front tires, due partially to the pivoting axle.

If more weight is needed up front there are better ways to add weight. ....

Loading R4 tires

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-26          136330

It depends on what you use the tractor for the most. If you are mowing the lawn then you would want to stay light. The more the tractor weighs the more you can dig, the weight will also hinder the power as well as fuel economy, it also will wear drive line components faster. Front tires loaded on a four wheel drive, I wouldn't as it will also wear the steering components faster. ....

Loading R4 tires

View my Photos
SURRYEQUIP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-31          136444

The front tires are so little it's probably irrelevant except it makes them more difficult to repair- I wouldn't load them unless I had a rear item to lift that the tractor was marginal on. ....

Loading R4 tires

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-10-31          136462

DRankin: "There is no advantage in loading the front tires, due partially to the pivoting axle."

I don't agree. As Wendy's would say, "parts is parts" or in this case "weight is weight" regardless of the pivoting axle whether it's in the form of liquid ballast in the tires or actual wheel weights. The pivoting axle neither takes from, or adds to, the principle of adding weight. If you are referring to front weights as another alternative, the advantage there is leverage or weight extending forward past the front axle. But even then, the weight is evenly distributed to the front axle through the axle pivot.

Loading R4 tires

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-10-31          136463

Well, I did say partially.......

I did try CaCl in the Ag front tires of my Deere 4100 when I first got into tractoring. I think it added about 8 pounds to each wheel.

Hardly worth the effort. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login