Go Bottom Go Bottom

Bio-Diesel

View my Photos
Boomer1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-01          122098

Is anyone using Bio-Diesel in their New Holland Compact Tractors? If so what are your experiences and what was the blend? B2, B100 for example.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bio-Diesel

View my Photos
mudcat

2006-04-04          127162

I have the same question. New Holland contradicts them selves on use of bio diesel. They neither approve nor disapprove of useing bio diesel, but in another statement they say it is ok to use up to B20. I would love to burn B 100, but feel that if something did go wrong New Holland would void my warranty. I have a friend who has been burning B100 (home brew)in an older model Massey tractor and in his Ford pickup for a year with out any problems. ....

Bio-Diesel

View my Photos
NMessick

2006-04-19          127975

I've heard reps from NH and Kubota both say that up to 5% is no problem, over that they just don't know because there is not enough history at this point.

Bio-Diesel

View my Photos
mudcat

2006-04-19          128008

The official response I got from NH is that anything up to B20 is ok in the utility tractors and B5 for the ag tractors. I know people that are burning B50 to B100 without any trouble, but as NW will warrant only up to B20, I am sticking with this. ....

Bio-Diesel

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-20          128056

One of the New Hollands that I still currently work on had the filters gel up twice because of the bio- fuel. ....

Bio-Diesel

View my Photos
mudcat

2006-04-20          128064

The bio fuel will jell at a much higher temp than no 2 fuel. However, in my climate this has not been a problem. ....

Bio-Diesel

View my Photos
texdan

2007-09-01          145267

I considered it for a couple of reasons. One is that there is a bio diesel plant only about 5 miles from me that sells it there too. Another is the idiots at the local coop want me to fill out a credit ap and a life's history to be able to buy farm diesel. I don't see that happening. They consider me a small farmer so they make us jump through hoops the 5000 acre and up farmers don't. I'll just remember that the next time their spray rig breaks down in front of my house though.

Anyway, I decided against it because it costs a few cents more than regular pump diesel here. Also the comptroller probably won't approve our tax free status on it. She's never heard of it before and I don't want to confuse her. I learned a long time ago never to confuse the tax people. ....

Bio-Diesel

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-01          145269

Bio-diesel made from Canola appears to be the best for cold weather usage, but even this isn't very good.

Here's a study done on the properties of Bio-Diesel fuels made from many different base commodities.

Note the link included in this study, which takes you to the properties charts.

See the link below.

Joel ....

Link:   Bio-Diesel Properties -- University of Idaho

Bio-Diesel

View my Photos
leejohn

2007-09-01          145272

Here is a link if you want to make your own. Lee ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login