Go Bottom Go Bottom

Trading in TZ25 for new tractor

View my Photos
jbob81
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-06          151971

I thinking about trading in my New Holland TZ25 for a NH TC30, but the dealer is only offering $9,800.00 for the TZ, this seems really low to me. The TZ has the following

NH Loader
NH 60 inch MMM
hydro
4x4
sensi-trac

It only has 7 hours on it and has always been kept in my heated garage. I purchased the tractor new in June 2007. I know I'm going to take a hit on the trade, but $9800 just seems really low. Any opinions or advice would be great.

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
nosteiner4me
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-06          151980

Can you get another estimate from another dealer. It only has 7 hours and what does a new one cost from that dealer. I saw one on tractorhouse.com with everything you had plus a tiller for 19,000 new, what did yours cost new? 9800 seems really low. ....

View my Photos
jbob81

2008-03-06          151986

The price new was about $14,500. out the door, I am going to check with other dealers, I was hoping to get close to $12k for it. This dealer has always been good in the past, not sure where he is coming up with that figure.

thanks ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-08          152023

Keep in mind that: why would he give you few thousand less than someone else who comes in and buy a new one for a few thousand more?

After all, they have to make $2000 or more just to pay sales commissions, profits, taxes, insurance, utilities, payroll, overhead, on and on. They don't want to be in a situation where they make nothing or worse, PAY a dollar to get rid of it. And if you overpaid to begin with you're in even worse shape from trading in as it is worth even less.

Also, if CNH or any financers are offering great rates like zero percent on loans then a buyer will spring for a new one since yours is not new and the interest rate jumps big-time.

I ran into this when I wanted to buy a TC33D. The dealer was going to be taking one in on trade, a two year old TC33D and told me I could just buy it directly from the seller rather than going through the dealer. The only ones that would have benifitted from the transaction were the dealer who didn't have to touch it and the seller who got what he wanted.

I ran the numbers and it cost me $14 a month more for a brand new one versus buying old. The two year old one was $16,500 with FEL and MMM. I paid $13,500 OTR w/o FEL and MMM. And because I used my brother-in-law's Ford Employee Discount I saved over $3200 too.

The dealer already knows you want a new machine and probably has already given you a price. Is it the best price? Dunno. The dealers do have the car equivalent of a "blue book"---ask to see it. If they won't let you--walk away. My dealer always lets me see the book--it's "good bidness"

That's the nice thing about the Ford Discount---the dealer HAS to show you what he pays for it. I got the discount on my skid steer too (which they didn't have to give me--the discount doesn't apply to yellow contruction equipment) which came out to about $8200 discount. The next skid steer discount was about $13,000. This one's a "keeper" so I don't see any discounts in my future.

View my Photos
johncourd

2008-04-06          152785

I am looking for a tz25 and am in Pittsburgh. I would like to discuss your tractor with you. How can I contact you? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-04-10          152889

Who are you wanting to talk to? ....

View my Photos
cutter

2008-04-10          152891

EW, I'll bet it's the guy trying to get rid of the 7 hour tractor he wants to contact. Seems odd, only 7 hours on it and he mows with a 6' deck, must be one small lawn.

View my Photos
johncourd

2008-04-10          152894

I was hoping to hear from jbob81. I am looking for a tz25 and was intersted in his machine that he said he wanted to trade in. I also looked at the new kubota bx24 tlb. Any thoughts out there between the tz25 and the bx24????? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login