Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC45DA

View my Photos
Mastiff
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-05          135725

I need some help on pricing my New Holland tractor for sale. I purchased the tractor in March and due to unforseen circumstances I will be forced to sale it. I have no idea what I should ask for the tractor and all the implements. The tractor is a TC45DA with Supersteer. The tractor has just over 100 hours. It has the New Holland 17 LA loader with the quick attach bucket. I also purchased the 758C New Holland Backhoe which has maybe 10 hours on it. The hoe has the full sub-frame. I also have a Woods RD7200 finish mower that I purchased in 2001 and it is still in good condition. I also have a 5 ft. grader box that I purchased at tractor supply in 2001. I do not want to part with the tractor but I have no choice. I really apprecite any information anyone can provide.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC45DA

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-05          135726

If you go to sites like ironsearch, machinerylink and tractor house you can get an idea what the dealers are selling this model for. From there for a private sale you might need to discount slightly. Remember the IH is the same tractor so use all comparables you can. You might want to split it up to maximize your return. Not everyone wants to buy the whole unit. ....

TC45DA

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-05          135727

I think that another way to get an idea of retail selling prices is look on ebay and doa search for "completed items". That will tell you how much others went for.

Selling the implements separately like Peters says is a good idea. A used tractor buyer typically can't afford a new one so he may want you to make up $ in his favor by having you throw in the implements---wrong! Even the loader by itself will get more off the tractor than on---why give it away? (I'd love to find a brush hog and a loader from a TC33D) You might gain a few thousand more if you part them out--if you can hold out. It's like buying a boat cheaper at the end of the season than at the beginning. Winter is coming and the loader will be worth more now than in the spring.

60% is the general rule of thumb for selling used stuff.

TC45DA

View my Photos
Mastiff
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-05          135731

Thanks for the info gentleman. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login