Go Bottom Go Bottom

Advertising

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-24          104862

Why can't tarheal or any dealer advertise the price anymore? What did Newholland not like about it? Unfair advantage for the non ebay sellers or what?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Advertising

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-25          104906

I'm certainly no expert, but it may viewed by the manufacturer as preventing a dealer from getting as much money as possible. Ie: forces others to match the price. This can hurt a low volume dealer by losing sales to a non-local high volume dealer who makes up for low margins with high volumes.

The tractor industry hasn't been pushed into selling at invoice like the auto industry because the consumer lacks the true cost information unlike the auto industry.

Another possibility is they may have different dealers under different factory pricing structures based on volume, etc. So if someone who gets better prices from the factory is advertising a price that is close to or below what another dealer can buy it for, then trouble starts and lawyers get involved. Just a hypothesis, I have no facts to back it up. I do know some industries give special breaks to customers or groups of customers with enough power to demand perks. ....

Advertising

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-25          104907

Because New Holland gave them a choice. if you are going to sell on the net you must show the m.s.r.p. or post no price. Or do not sell on the net at all. Which is what corporate really wants. It is that just enough rope to hang your self bit. ....

Advertising

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-01-25          104915

Both of you go to the head of the class! I worked for anouther company that told its dealers, its our product and no others. They lost over 75% of their dealers. So you say,"Hey, thats not the American way?" Your right, they were a forign company that bought us out. They wern't American. Sounds familiar?
Iowafun
You may be closer than you think. When I bought my tractor I recieved the EPP Employee purchase program price.
With out getting into details its a set price relative to what the dealer pays for it minus any dealer perks.
Depending on how much your dealer charges for prep and any options you have installed by the dealer the price may vary. I had many many qoutes and the price ranged from 18K all the way up to $21,400. A major advertiser here had the same price on the tractor (BASE PRICE) with out the discount. SO anyone could get the tractor for price I paid. (Excluding whatever they would of charged for the extra's) What I am getting at (and I am no expert either, with no facts, except for what I just told you) is that you probably are right on the volume thing. Suppose the smaller dealers were not to happy about seeing this on e-bay either. Now I could be way off here, but last time I checked we were in America, the way it has been for a while now is that we ALL pay more at the smaller mom and pop stores but usually we get better service hence, we keep comming back and dont mid paying a bit more IE:like keeping our money in america instead of china?

Just a opinion
Thanks for replying guys, its cool to get others thoughts on iffy subjects ....

Advertising

View my Photos
jamese

2005-01-31          105311

isnt it funny,,New Holland can make their dealers sell at what New Holland says,,I wonder who is getting screwed here?? NOT New Holland! ....

Advertising

View my Photos
oneace

2005-01-31          105329

Get your facts strait. Dealers can sell at wha ever price they want. They MUST advertise MSRP ....

Advertising

View my Photos
Art White

2005-02-01          105389

It's a little indepth but many manufacturers only allow you to advertise preset pricing. As stated earlier it is a free market place. ....

Advertising

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-02-01          105393

Art, Oneace
Thankyou, was hopeing it was something like that.
My dealer just rang me and wants me to drive around in the skidsteers. LOL ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login