Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota ZTR s for 2004

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-27          75213

Kubota has a new gas powered ZTR for 2004. This is the first I have heard of it.

Link:   click here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota ZTR s for 2004

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-27          75256

Chief, what do you think? ....

Kubota ZTR s for 2004

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-27          75260

I am scratching my head a bit on this one. I can see coming out with a gas powered smaller model to lower cost and gain potential customers. My preference is with the diesel power. Kubota has always been diesel everything in my mind. John Deere sticks with the Kawasaki engines in their 757, 777, and 797 supposedly because the diesels just don't have the rpm recovery speed of the gas engines. Just may be a smart move on Kubota's part to compete in this area with Deere with a similar smaller line like the one Deere recently came out with. I am still partial to the ZD28 for the diesel and the 797 for its slope performance and heavy duty build. I think the ROPS is not going to be a popular feature as it makes it very difficult to get under trees and such.

What do you think about them Art? ....

Kubota ZTR s for 2004

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-28          75284

I like the hydraulic pto's like the big tractors, we have't ever worked on one of the Kubota's units and we stock electric pto clutches for most everything we sell. I like the hydraulic lift on the deck, if they can put it on and stay in the same price range thats got the competition beat. I've grown fond of the Kohlers as they don't have the problem of 50 hours and needing plugs put in the left bank do to fouling after 300hours. The Kohlers have had some problems but there service to us has been good. The ten gauge deck proves to live for over 3000 hours on the toughest of conditions so it put's it into a good range for the pro user. ....

Kubota ZTR s for 2004

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-28          75286

I missed the part about the hydraulic pto. I like that design. The electric pto's are OK if you engage them at the lowest possible rpm but they are still very harsh engaging. I think I will definitely keep the ZD28 in mind if I can get enough business going to justify a ZTR that size. I have also been keeping my eye on the F687. Have you looked at one of these yet. They have all the features I want but they are gas (23 hp Kohler) and I would like to see a bit more hp. Even have the fold up deck and lift up chasis to get at the internals. ....

Kubota ZTR s for 2004

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-28          75295

The newer Z-s have the ability to raise simuiliar to the ZD's but I don't know that I would value that from my stand point. I haven't looked at the newer Deeres other then on their web site and they don't say much there. The liquid cooled should have a higher torque rise then an air cooled engine.. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login