Go Bottom Go Bottom

Right time to spray lawn for weeds

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-11          109686

I was supposed to have sprayed the lawn for dandelions last fall, but did'nt get to it. Can i still do it this spring or is a "Weed and Feed" granular product more in order? Thanks. Frank.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-11          109688

In my area about a week or so ago was the time to treat for weeds. You a bit more north of me so I would say get r done ASAP before the dandelions have a chance to go to seed. The chickweed is on the loose this year too to best to hit it early as well. The bag type weed n feed works well. Spraying I use for more touch up work. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-11          109689

I agree with 2ndHandLion, get-r-don now. I've got a few places on the South side of buildings where they have already blossomed. I have more luck with spray than granular. Frank, as a farmer I would have thought that you had an ATV setup with spraying tanks. Most farmers in my area have a setup like that to spray around the edge of fields and spot spray patches of weeds in the field.

If I go granular, it works best for me early in the morning just after daybreak. The granules stick to the moist grass and with no wind or a slight breeze the fumes hover good.

When I use spray, it works best at the same time of day and I mix it between 1/4 and 1/2 stronger than by the label. That seems to get 'em best. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-11          109691

yoperpete; No, I've never owned an ATV, but did have a home made three pt. sprayer for the 4410. I've used it a lot in the past to spray fencerows, etc., but it fell apart on me last summer and I just haven't gotten around to the rebuild stage yet. I checked at the local elevator today, they have a nice walk behind they furnish if you buy the dope from them, so that looked like the way to go. Thanks. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login