Go Bottom Go Bottom

Winterizing your sprinkler system

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-12-06          22170

Here's a great tip for those of you that have to freeze-proof your irrigation systems. Pour a quart (or more) of what ever booze you may have around that you do not wish to drink (that last jug from the in-laws usually does nicely)into the priming port on the pump, or the line itself right behind the timer/control valves. This way not only is the system protected, but most importantly... the grass will come up "half-cut" next spring saving you a lot of work. Seasons Greetings to all, and wishes of a safe & happy New Years to you & yours.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Winterizing your sprinkler system

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-12-07          22194

Yeah, Yeah. And here I thought I was going to get some serious expert guidance. However, around here we only have irrigation systems in the fall when the moose move from bogs to meadows. The sugeestion might not work for us. I'm not sure I'd want to invite a moose for anything that might make them exceptionally happy. The 'pouring into' phase might prove interesting as well.

Suppose it is about time for seasons greetings. Me too. Trust everyone had a decent year.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login