Go Bottom Go Bottom

What type of oil for B7800

View my Photos
dmnsmith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-01          97455

What type of oil should I use for the 50hr oil change? Do all dealers sell a Kubota brand,or do they sell thier own brand. If they sell thier own, I'd probably be better off buying something and a local auto store or Walmart. Thanks for all input!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-01          97460

Any good brand diesel rated 15W-40 for the engine and I would use the Kubota Super UDT but you can use the Walmart tractor hydraulic fluid as well. It is made for Walmart by Pennzoil-Quaker State. I would stick with the OEM filters. ....

View my Photos
dmnsmith

2004-10-01          97476

What about Shell Rotella Synthetic? Any opinions? ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-01          97478

Rotella 5W-40 synthetic is good as well but I would wait until you have at least a 100 hours on the engine before switching to synthetic to ensure proper break in, although it is more than likely broken in at 50 hours. Your call on that, synthetics can sometimes slow the piston ring seating process. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-10-04          97612

If your local dealer doesn't sell the Kubota fluids, I think you can order them from tractorsmart. I would stick with Kubota fluids especially under the warranty. I once used Castrol Synthetic oil in my old B7200 and it didn't like it at all. Ever since then, I have used all Kubota fluids just for piece of mind for myself. Just my $.02 ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login