Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota MX 5000 hydraulics

View my Photos
chancemo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-09-14          180376

I had a remote hydralic station added to my MX 5000 a few years back to operate a areator. The station has a return and supply port and a small lever on my right that raised and lowered the ram. My issue is I just purchase a hydraulic drive " Iron Oak " wood splitter. I also purchase the 4-way attachment as well. When I first started to split some VERY large seasoned oak logs, I had no issues. The lines became hot and the 4 way did not work any more. I am wondering if the ports I have are correct for the wood splitter??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-15          180382

It sounds like what you have is generically called a "valve-controlled hydraulic remote outlet". In other words, you really only have hydraulic flow to those two outlets when you move a lever.

Something like a wood splitter needs a constant flow such as a motor-driven pump would supply.

In your case the second (unnecessary) valve and the restrictions (causing more heat) was a little too much for the system.

I would suggest you contact a hydraulic shop or your dealer and get what's known as a "power beyond" outlet installed. This will give you constant hydraulic flow your splitter needs.

That or wait until the weather cools down some. ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
chancemo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-09-15          180392

Thanks Murf, I think you are right on. I plan on taking the tractor and splitter to my dealer so they can see it first hand. My hydraulics are working fine, I just don't want to damage the pump. Thanks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login