Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7510

View my Photos
KubotaTenn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-07-19          172421

The steering on my B7510 after mowing approx. 1-1.5 hrs gets hard and clocks around with great effort. Does anyone have any information they can help me with?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota B7510

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-07-20          172431

Have you checked the fluid? I believe it used the transmission fluid. Is it hard to turn just one direction or both? ....

Kubota B7510

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-07-20          172438

Does it feel like trying to steer a later model tractor that has power stering with the engine shut off, hard to turn the wheel and doesn't move the front wheels very well.
I've never had one of the "Pump" I'll call it, units that has the shaft connected to the steering wheel apart, but I think there are lots of little valves, "O" rings, springs, and other dodads that will jump out at you if you take it apart, so I'd do that as a last resort. Perhaps something is clogged or a bent tube that feeds the unit under the steering wheel restricting the amount of fluid it needs to control the front wheels.
I've had tractors that the steering wheel would tend to turn slowly in one directon while you were using it causing you to take a new hold on the wheel every little bit. I never knew what caused it I just kinda ignored it and kept going.
I'm leaning toward the "Pump" under the wheel not getting enough fluid.
Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login