Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX2230 Air Cleaner Lower Bracket

View my Photos
WhitleyStu
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-23          165196

I have a BX2230 purchased new in Sept '05. It has 355 hours. There is a bracket bolted to the strap around the air cleaner housing and runs down and bolts to the block below the injector pump which broke. I found a number for a bracket, but it is for a different mounting bracket. I am not sure if I have the older model bracket I see reference to or a new model. I found pics of an "L" bracket that bolts to the strap around the air cleaner then to the top of the engine, but my bracket is about 12" long and bolts to the block below the injector pump. What do I have (beside a broken bracket!!)? Any info on part number or link to print on the part would be appreciated...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-02          165398

BX's are famous for breaking the air cleaner brackets.

I finally modified the mounting flange on mine and replaced the factory clamps with a large hose clamp like to one that attach's the hose to the back of your clothes dryer.

It worked much better. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-02          165399

Here is an older thead:

http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractor/fullThread.pl?parentnum=124933&catname=Kubota%20Review&catcode=KU&filter= ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
WhitleyStu
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-05          165462

Thanks for the replies, gents. I finally found a print of the bracket then called my dealer. He said the part number (K2521-82157) is the same for both the old and new bracket, only difference is the old one is $4 and the new one is $68! Ordered a new one and had the broken one welded up so I have a spare now. Thanks again...
Stu ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login