Go Bottom Go Bottom

b7100 clutch problem

View my Photos
mike j
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-09          124320

clutch problem i bought a b7100 kabota the other day . it is a 2 w drive with a hidro trans ,when i push the clutch in it makes a shutering noise .it seem to work ok when i use the forward and reverse pedal but when it get realy warmed up the clutch will whine under a loade and the tractor loses power do i need a new clutch is there anyone that knows how to adj. the clutch thanks for any help you can give,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

b7100 clutch problem

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-10          124322

mike j -

What you may be looking at, is a bad throw out bearing or an assembly of the clutch that has gotten grease on it.

One thing that comes to mind, is that there is a grease fitting hole, located on the left side of the tranny tube, by the clutch pedal. This hole allows access to the clutch zerk fitting. What typically happens, is that when people "grease" things, too much grease is applied. When this happens, especially in this location where amount is critical, the grease will ooze out onto the clutch plates.

When the tractor is cool, there is no problem as this oozed grease is thick and/or tacky. But when the tractor /clutch warms, the oozed grease on the plates becomes slimy, and this is what you get, a slipping clutch.

The only way to correct this, is to split the unit open and clean the surfaces of the plates, and or do a clutch job, while it is opened up.

Your posting did not say how many hours are on the tractor, or, what the serial number is. With this, I would be able to make an educated guess as to whether or not a new clutch WOULD be needed, relative to usage and/or vintage.

- Willie H ....

b7100 clutch problem

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-10          124329

Pehaps I am not following this in a moment of CRS but Mike stated the machine is a B7100 and " it is a 2 w drive with a hidro trans". I took that to mean hydrostatic transmission. Unless my CRS is really gone bad or I missed something, there should be NO clutch on this machine. If the brakes were stuck in the set position, the symptoms mentioned would be in line with take problem. Just wanted to clarify so we are talking apples and apples. ....

b7100 clutch problem

View my Photos
WillieH

2006-02-10          124331

Chief -
On these units, as well as newer ones even such as the B7100 DT or HST, B5200,6200 on up the line, B1550,B1750 etc, even on the B7500 series, whether DT (gear) or HST, all have a left foot clutch.

This is used, a) for starting interrupt, and b) for pto implement engagement.

- Willie H ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login