Go Bottom Go Bottom

MX 5100 price

View my Photos
LPittman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-07-23          172530

Looking at a new MX5100 2wd, gear for $13800 plus all the junk fees and taxes. No loader or front weights. Is this good and if anyone has one what do you think about it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MX 5100 price

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-07-26          172582

It may be a great price but it makes sense to check with a second dealership. But my question is are you considering adding backhoe or front end loader to this machine as you make mention it does not have a loader and many on the web show loaders on them. If you are you may want to ask for thoughts on 2 wheel drive with loader. ....

MX 5100 price

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-07-26          172583

I'm not up at all on tractor prices, but as KT mentioned it's not a bad idea to check with other local dealers too.
KT also touched on another important point. Compact trators are pretty lightweight compared to ordinary farm or heavy construction tractors. This makes adding a front loader to a compact a pretty helpless machine. I'm on my third compact with front wheel assist and wouild have a hard time advising you to buy a two wheel drive. I ran lots of two wheel drive farm tractors with loaders and even tho they are much heavier than a compact thay still wiil be helpless at times with a load in the bucket.
Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login