Go Bottom Go Bottom

Do the BX tractors hold their value

View my Photos
wedgeheaded
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-11          170713

I almost bought a 1990 B4200 for $4000 but it didn't work out. The seller had more in it than I could get a loan for. That got me to looking at newer models. I found a 2001 BX 1800 w/54" mower and 450hrs for $6500. I'm wondering what it cost new? With the zero financing I can buy a 2010 for $165/mo/60 mos plus $8-$10/mo ins. ($175/mo easy for figuring)through kubota. If I finance the 2001 I looked at, through my credit union, the payment is $145/mo/60/mos. Nine years newer, warenty, new, for an extra $30/mo. Seems like a no brainer, buy the new one. I know Kubota is highly reguarded for quality and value. It almost looks like they hold most of their OE value, what do you guys think?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-13          170738

I think it varies some with size of tractor, area and even dealership and of course condition of the tractor itself. Based upon what I have seen over the years the major brands do hold their value well. Of course some of that is due to the increasing price of new machines. ....

View my Photos
tntbuilds

2010-07-13          172269

My money, yes.

We recently bought our Kubota tractor and LOVE IT. Seriously, I can't even imagine not having it.

The way we figured it is, as long as you use it once a month you get your moneys worth.

I actually wrote an entire post about us deciding to buy the tractor on our blog. You can read our blog at http://www.tntbuilds.blogspot.com

Best of luck in your decision but really, the BX model can't be beat. We were almost going to go with the B3500 or the L-series but the dealer told us that BX models hold up better as they are such a good midrange size that people want. I guess with L-series they tend to get on the "to big size" and people aren't willing to step up as they are with the BX. That made sense to us and since we only have 5 acres we didn't need a big tractor.

Link:   We love our BX!!

Picture Link
Kubota Tractors Do the BX tractors hold their value

View my Photos
ronjarvis489

2011-02-27          177051

In your opionen would it be smart to buy a BX24 mostly for grass cutting & some trenching ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login