Go Bottom Go Bottom

2000 B2710 HST no power stalls

View my Photos
Timothy10366
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-06-07          198508

I bought my farm 3 years ago. My 2000 Kubota B2710 came with it. I have put a lot of money into. Rebuilt injector pump , new injectors, new fuel lines, and drop pipes. New sediment bowl and fuel shutoff. I am at a loss. It keeps stalling for
No reason. Go up a small bump/ hill and it stalls. Under load not under load. I’ve had knowledgeable mechanics trouble shoot it. I’ve been told the injector pump needs to be shimmed again? I have been told it’s a common problem with the seat switch? Except I don’t have a seat switch. I’ve been told the compression is bad? Any suggestions??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-06-10          198515

You say there is no seat safety switch so that means it might have been removed? Check the wiring. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-06-10          198516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy10366 | view 198508
[QUOTE=Timothy10366;198508] It keeps stalling for no reason. Go up a small bump/ hill and it stalls. Under load not under load. I’ve had knowledgeable mechanics trouble shoot it.

Any suggestions?? [/QUOTE]

First off describe, in detail, the "stall".

Does it fade out slowly till it dies like it's running out of fuel?

Does it shut off like you turned the ignition off?

Let us know.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Timothy10366

2019-06-10          198517

Hi Murf,
It dogs for a hot second then stalls out immediately. Same under load or not ....

View my Photos
Murf

2019-06-10          198518

OK, now we're getting somewhere.

If it's bogging down even for a second it's a fuel problem. Since it immediately shuts down right after that it's not a slight issue, it's a complete failure.

Given the way it's happening my first guess would be a bad fuel shut off relay circuit. If you have some corrosion or a funky connection a little bump could jiggle the circuit to make the connection intermittent (causing a stutter or fade out) or open (engine dies like with key going to off position).

Have a really close look at the wiring there and maybe try testing the solenoid itself.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Timothy10366

2019-06-10          198519

Thank You Art,
I’m not the original owner. But I have never come across a safety shutoff under the seat. I’ve even repaired the bracket on it. Dealership says it shouldn’t make any difference? I’ve been told otherwise. I’m getting a bit apprehensive about taking it in to a Kubota Dealers. 2 other dealerships have struck out for me. I’m on My third dealership. ....

View my Photos
Timothy10366

2019-06-10          198520

Murf,
It’s funny you should mention wiring. I had a dealership repair my wiring because mice chewed it up under the dash!! That would make sense. I just have to get a shop manual and trace it👍🏻 ....

View my Photos
Murf

2019-06-10          198521

Don’t get too excited about wiring diagram. The circuit is very very short and very very simple. There is a relay on the fuel injection pump that dumped the fuel back to the tank instead of allowing it to be pressurized into the engine. Fifth electrically operated relay goes back to the keys switch. If you have

Just find the relay on the side of the fuel injection pump and check that the wiring to with his solid, then trace it back to the ignition switch. Check any joint invisible fines of corrosion or places where Robyn may have

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Timothy10366

2019-06-10          198522

Thank you Murf,
I will keep you posted ....

View my Photos
Murf

2019-06-12          198526

Wow did SIRI ever hate me that day!!! LOL

What you are looking for is a round cylinder sort of thing coming out of the instrument panel side of the injector pump. it usually has a rubber cap on the end with a wiring pigtail coming out of the center.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login