Go Bottom Go Bottom

CK20 HST Power

View my Photos
theshawman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-17          80192

I currently own a B7200DT Kubota and I'm looking to trade up in HP a little bit without sacrificing my implement size. Would like to get some feedback on this CK20 HST w/FEL. If your into a pile of soil trying to get a mouthful, will the tractor spin the tires in low range. I ask because with my gear tranny I just feather the clutch and curl and roll the bucket to fill it. Is the HST similar in feel when trying to do this if you know what I mean?
Thanks Steve

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CK20 HST Power

View my Photos
burtalm

2004-03-19          80395

I've order a ck20 after I gave it a test drive at the dealer. The hst was very smooth and you get the feel of it quickly. Fel was also smooth once I got used to the joystick control instead of the two levels I was used to. My guess is that like any machine, once you drive it a while the man and the machine sort of blend so you become very comfortable. On the test I used the fel to "relocate a coouple of big snow piles and felt comfortable quite quickly.

By the way, how about posting some pictures of the handmade attachments you've made. Would be intersting to see. ....

CK20 HST Power

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-19          80410

Spinning the tires when pushing into the pile has a lot to do with the tire design.

Ag tires spin at the drop of a hat. The all season radials I have on my 4115 get so much traction I have trouble getting them to spin at all. ....

CK20 HST Power

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-19          80420

You shouldn't spin the tires when doing loader work.
If you put the weight on the tires by picking up
the bucket as you fill it. If the rears are spinning then
back off, spinning tires are useless.

CK20 HST Power

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-03-19          80427

Agreed, but controlling that spin is much easier with an HST than with a gear transmission. ....

CK20 HST Power

View my Photos
bluetay

2004-03-19          80433

Drankin
How do the radials perform with the load raised? Having operated heavy equipment with radials I found the tires would unexpectantly roll under and were a safety issue so they were soon replaced with bias type. However I've often thought of putting radials on my compact tractor for traction but didn't want to waste my money. ....

CK20 HST Power

View my Photos
theshawman

2004-03-20          80460

Sorry but I don't have the capability to post pictures, saving my moola for the new tractor (I hope).

Steve
Nova Scotia ....

CK20 HST Power

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-03-20          80469

The radials are only on the rear.... there is no automotive equivalent to a 24x8.5 on a 12 inch rim with a metric bolt pattern, so the fronts have Firestone turfs.

The rear radials are designed to run on Ford Excursions at 70+ mph so my little 1800# tractor at 11 mph doesn't stress them too much.

I rarely need 4wd since installing those big boys and wheel weights. Last month I pushed my 4000# 5th wheel uphill into its parking spot and discovered when I was done I forgot to engage the 4wd. Couldn't tell by the performance.

The increase in traction is remarkable. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login