Go Bottom Go Bottom

Oil change timeline for 2210

View my Photos
kickapoobd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-29          99499

Just wondering how often to change the oil in my 2210? What if it takes 6 months or a year to get to the next 200 hours. I understood the importance of the 1st 50 hours, but do any of you go more than 6 months without hitting that magic 200 hours. Doesn't the oil break down with time?

Troy

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-30          99508

Troy; Oil really doesn't break down, it becomes contaminated. I normaly never run my compacts beyond 50 hrs. for routine oil changes because they get lots of short run use that never fully warms the engines up to evaporate the water out of the oil. I do the same for the transmission fluid, only I go roughly a hundred hours for the same contamination reason. I might be a little freaky on throwing away oil so soon but my theory is that oil and filters are free compared to parts and service costs. I'm also a firm believer in using the brand of oil and filters sold by the manufacturer of the tractor whether it be Green, Blue, Orange or whatever brand tractor you happen to own. Have a great day. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-30          99513

I change my oil every 100 hours or annually. If your 2210 sets alot and does not reach the hours in a year to require the change; try the 100 hour/year schedule. Oil and filters are cheap compared to allowing oil with combustion by products and potentially corrosion causing material to set in the engine for such a long time. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login