Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tire Size

View my Photos
Hettric
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-17          93706

Have a JD 755 with turf tires, I want to change to R-4s. The owners manual only lists sizes for turfs, F-1 rib(front), and R-1 (rear). How do I find out the correct size R-4s? Can I change the fronts first, and rears at a later date? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tire Size

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-17          93708

Not that familiar with the 755, but if it is 4wd, it is very important that the front and rear wheels be properly matched so the drive train gearing matches the tire sizes. If you have 4wd, you will need to change all 4 with properly matched wheels and rims. ....

Tire Size

View my Photos
Hettric
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-17          93709

Of course,should have stated it is 4WD. My question as to fronts first, rears later, was are the O.D.s able to be matched between the turfs and R-4s? ....

Tire Size

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-17          93713

Probably not recommended. Check with your dealer, but there is usssually only a +/-5% allowance on the drive train for matching tire sizes. ....

Tire Size

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-17          93714

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the front tires should run slightly faster than the rears and never slower.

The percentage is right.... up to 5 percent faster.

You need to haul out the tape measure and see if the new tires match the old in terms of circumference. You can always keep it out of 4wd and therefore out of trouble.

There is some very good info on how to match tires on the Firestone Ag web site. It is something I have done several times and I would be glad to help walk you through it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login