Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 1050 4WD with JD 80 Loader

View my Photos
Peter J. Pikna
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-10-27          9181

I have a late 80's JD 1050 4WD tractor with a JD 80 Loader. The hydraulics don't seem to be what they used to be and I need some help in locating the problem. I can raise the bucket and let it up after I shut down. It takes a long while fo it to slowly drop to the ground so I don't think that the problem is in the cylinders. It's almost like the high pressure bypass is set too low and I don't have much power for lifting. I'm also looking for a repair manual to help me out.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Alan

1999-10-29          9238

There should be an internal filter. I had one clog on my old 950, and when I replaced it, the loader worked like new. Symptoms were similar, low power for lifting, plus jerky operatio, especially when cold. The hydraulic cylinder seals shed fibers that clog the filter after time. ....

View my Photos
Peter

1999-10-29          9250

I have already replaced the external filter without any change in symptoms. Where is the internal filter located? It sounds like it sure could be it.....PETE ....

View my Photos
Alan

1999-10-31          9294

Sorry it's taken a while to respond. There was a side cover I had to remove on the trans (R.side) to access the filter, just about directly under the brake pedals. I first had to drain the trans (which is the hyd reservoir) so you would want to do it in conjunction with a fluid change. The filter looks like the old cartridge types, open on the sides. I am assuming, of course, that the 1050 has the same arrangement. ....

View my Photos
Pete

1999-10-31          9308

I drained the fluid and cleaned the sump filter. It had some stuff on it but it wasn't too bad. I put new fluid in and its seems to be doing just fine. I Put a test gauge on each of the control lines feeding the loader and they all went up to about 2200 lbs. It looks like that did it. Thanks for the help and suggestion .....PETE ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login