Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic Fittings

View my Photos
jdgrunt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-10          68423

Can someone tell me what thread is used on the angle fiiting # M808056 which is used on the 4100 power beyond kit? I want to replace it with a straight one so I can route the hose further away from the lift arm. Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic Fittings

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-11          68449

Not wanting to speculate on this. JD uses 3 different kinds of fittings: they have o ring, pipe, comperssion meaning two flat surfaces with a machine groove for and o ring. There may be more yet.

Your best bet is to go to JD and suck up to the parts people they have all the different stuff on the shelf and can lay it all out so you have exactly the rigth part when you have oil running out. ....

Hydraulic Fittings

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-11          68463

I'm with Harvey. When I have a fitting thing to do I take all the pieces to a shop so I can screw the whole thing together right there. Ports tend to use NPT, fittings could be metric, inches and a lot of British Whitworth was used and maybe still is--real good thread that Whitworth. Seeing it fit together is really the only foolproof way unless all components in the assembly have JD part numbers and the shop is a JD dealer. Of course, it'd be a little awkward to not buy the fitting there if they had one. Shops also have thread gauges if a mystery part pops up. ....

Hydraulic Fittings

View my Photos
jdgrunt

2003-11-11          68523

Thanks guys, the JD website and the dealer just have a part# with no discription except "connector". Also there is way more than 3 or so thread types used for hydraulics, I measured these out and then went to a speciality hydraulic shop an hour away as my dealer could not help me even though they did try. The threads are #8ORBM x #6BSPPM. Interesting for a Japanese tractor with an American built backhoe. ....

Hydraulic Fittings

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-11          68525

Japanese tractor and US backhoe, yes. But I think the power beyond kit is US too.

Thank God they don't mix their metaphors. Deere is very good about engineering their add-on kits, maybe better than anyone else in the marketplace. ....

Hydraulic Fittings

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-12          68533

Yes, hydraulic shops usually can sort this stuff out. I went through much the same trying to find a t-fitting so I could test the relief valve pressure on my priority valve PS. The port on the Japanese made priority valve is 1/8" NPT but the steel line is metric, which takes a metric flare, so they use a metric fitting.

There's an elbow with NPT thread on one end and a metric flare seat and metric threads on the other. I simply needed those two ends with anything could adapt a pressure gauge to as the third leg but there's no such fitting in a hydraulic shop's catalogue. NH considers the fitting a special tool and wanted 650$CDN for it. No dice says I but I haven't gotten around to seeing if a hydraulics guy will braise a third leg onto the $36 elbow I did buy from NH or simply make a whole new steel line from standard tubing.

Hydraulic Fittings

View my Photos
jdgrunt

2003-11-12          68536

I agree Mark,
Deere does a very good job with the add-ons. Anyway now I can route the hose further away from the lift arm, and "neaten" it up some too. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login