Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 955 Serial Number

View my Photos
jronchetto
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-15          61948

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me by telling me the year of the 955 that I just bought yesterday. The serial number is: M00955D015828. Also I would like to know what Wix engine oil filter fits this machine and whether to use JD oil or Rotella. Thanks for your help. This is a great forum.

Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 955 Serial Number

View my Photos
TomG

2003-08-16          61956

From tractortips, it'd likely be a '94 but could be a late '93. Guess you're reading the number from a plate below the PTO. I think a dealer can come up with a lot more info from a serial number, including where it was first sold. There may be additional info somewhere on the JD site but I haven't run across any.

Can't help with the filter but box stores and places like NAPA have tables that cross there filters to many tractors. I just get filters from a dealer myself. I don't go through many of them and it saves me from wondering if generic substitutes are actually equivalent. Oil is mostly a matter of personal choice as long as it is an appropriate weight and intended for diesel engines. Most everything that goes into an engine should be rated for use in diesels--including coolant, which should be changed every two years. ....

JD 955 Serial Number

View my Photos
BillBass

2003-08-18          62050

I think from the number, it was made in 1993.
I can't tell you what you should do, I can tell you what I do on my 950. I buy filters from NAPA and use Rotella. ....

JD 955 Serial Number

View my Photos
jdgreen

2003-08-23          62554

According to deere, this tractor was sold new on April 27, 1990. A dealer in Columbia, MO sold it. There were never any warranty claims on it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login