Go Bottom Go Bottom

hydraulic reverser

View my Photos
dennis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-21          21694

anyone having problems with there hydraulic reverser?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hydraulic reverser

View my Photos
dennis

2000-11-21          21695

regarding my last post, 1997 JD 5400. the hydraulic reverser has gone out 5 times since new. JD paid for it 4 times now they want me to pay for it! this tractor is used mainly for snowblowing and light farm duty. the tractor is in excellent condition. ....

hydraulic reverser

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-11-22          21716

Sounds like poor quality wrench-busting to me. Does your state have some sort of a lemon law regarding machinery or repairs? I understand that in some states after 3 failed attempts the burden falls back on the dealer. ....

hydraulic reverser

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-11-23          21730

Dennis, you say "gone out" but I am a little confused, a reverser is hardly a 'wear item' like brakes or a clutch. Does the dealer not offer any reason for the failure? If I had to make a 'stab in the dark' I would say that somewhere in the machining stage there was an error made and something is not to spec. or out of true, or alignment, causing the premature failure. While I would like to suggest that maybe it was an 'ape' with a wrench in his hand, that still does not explain the original part failing, only the replacements. Best ofluck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login