Go Bottom Go Bottom

2030 Gas Hydraulic Issues

View my Photos
olson544
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-04-19          198347

Just swapped out the gas tank on my 2030 Gas. When we bolted the hydraulic reservoir back in place I noticed that one of the plastic connections to the top was cracked. I cant even tell where they go, they kind of look like overflow lines. I know there is a check valve assy in the cap, so I assume the hoses just lead to the bottom of the tractor open ended. Anyway, we fired up the tractor and the hydraulics acted fine at first. After running the 3 pt up and down a few times, all hydraulics began to fail (power steering, 3 pt etc). This was all with the clutch pushed in while in gear. We then took the tractor out of gear, and let the clutch out, and all hydraulics work perfectly. When we turned the tractor off, I could hear a gurgle from what sounded like the hydraulic reservoir in the front of the tractor... What do you guys think is the issue? Why would hydraulics work perfectly with the clutch engaged, and then give me issues when I push it in? Could that plastic hose have anything to do with it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2030 Gas Hydraulic Issues

View my Photos
jdgreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-04-21          198351

The plastic line shouldn't have anything to do with the problem, although it should be fixed because it will leak. It is a seal drain line for the hydraulic pump. There is a tin plate under the pump you can remove with 2 bolts for access to it. I am not sure what pto type you have on your tractor, but the loss of hydraulics while holding clutch down is probably normal. If you do not have independent pto(pto lever between shift levers) the transmission pump stops pumping when you hold the clutch pedal down. That is the reason there is a smo=all reservoir behind the fuel tank. The main pump uses the oil in that tank while clutching to shift gears. If clutch is held in too long while using hydraulic functions, main pump runs out of oil. It relies on the transmission pump to supply oil to it. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login