Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 420 Tractor wont start up

View my Photos
Sandersm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-06-23          190516

John Deere 420 Tractor having trouble starting. It turns over a few times but just as it seems to be kicking alive it dies and trails off.
Does this sound like a battery issue? Perhaps the engine is flooded, what would be a logical place to start?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jtdday

2014-06-23          190519

I would start with fuel, put some fuel in a spray bottle and spray a dab in the carburettor while cranking, when she starts to keep it running spray a dab in in intervals and if it stays running lack of fuel is your problem. If that doesn't work for you try jumping it, when you put your jumper cables on, go straight from Battery post to Battery post with both + and - with the target vehicle running that should let you know if it's a battery issue. If that doesn't work try turn up kit. If that doesn't work check compression. If that doesn't work try saying a prayer. If you want to save some time try the prayer first ! I'm just saying, Godspeed... ....

View my Photos
jdgreen

2014-07-05          190642

Which 420 do you have? Is it a lawn and garden tractor from the 80's or a two cylinder utility tractor from the late 50's? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login