Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lost all Hydraulics on John Deere 6410

View my Photos
Tprattii
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-10          183499

I was bush hogging one my fields this weekend and the hydraulic light came on so I drove back to the barn and added fluid to it until it was full and went back out. As soon as I got to the top of the hill I lost all hydraulics with no warning. I have no steering, no loader hydro or three point at all. I'm not really familiar with the how the whole hydraulic system works but I am pretty mechanically incliined if I know what to look for. I pull the pump off and used a set of pliers with a rag around the spline to spin it, it seems to be moving freely with no noise. I started it real quickly with the pump off to see if the gear that the pump slides into was spinning and everything seems to be working there as well. I don't know if it's something as simple as a filter or what, any help would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-11          183501

A clogged filter would be my first consideration. Once I had a similar problem and a partially clogged filter would collapse from the suction giving the same results as you have mentioned. Suggest an authentic JD filter. ....

View my Photos
Tprattii
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-11          183507

I replaced the hydraulic filter and the transmission filter today and it's still the same. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-14          183529

You don't mention how low the fluid was but you have check the level again and it did not loose fluid on the trip back to the field right?

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login