Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 5310 repeatedly blows PTO warning circuit fuse

View my Photos
Ken
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-07-08          17824

I have a JD 5310 with 54 hours on it that repeatedly blows the PTO warning circuit fuse using different attachments. After the fuse has blown, the electrical system on the tractor is shutdown. Tractor recently had 50 hour service performed and a front-end loader installed by the dealer. PTO warning circuit fails with both bush hog and disc-mower which previous ran find on the tractor. Any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
RickB.

2000-07-08          17826

Presumably, a tractor with so few hours is still under warranty. If so, your dealer should be asked to correct this problem. Barring that solution, a wiring schematic (service manual) will help you trace out the offending circuit, and help lead you to the cause of the problem. Perhaps a wire was crushed in the installation of your loader, and is now shorting out, causing the fuse to blow. If that is the case, the installing dealer should correct the problem regardless of the warranty status of the tractor. Despite the fact that dealerships and their personnel are held in generally low esteem on this board, successful ones do provide service support for the machines they sell. A good dealer will correct this problem for you, and should be your first contact. Good Luck. ....

View my Photos
Ken

2000-07-09          17849

Cause of problem was a frayed wire under seat causing the fuse to blow. Thanks for the help. ....

View my Photos
Drew

2000-07-14          17972

Follow the wire!!!! It's probably pinched somewhere. Mine was pinched when the dealer mounted the seat and the dummies couldn't figure it out on the service call. It will blow the fuse if the insulation on the wire has been cut. It may work fine untill you hit a bump. GOOD LUCK, DREW. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login