Go Bottom Go Bottom

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
LDS2121
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-26          152455

Does anybody know where I can find used or new parts? I have a 1998 JD4300 and need to find a hood and cowling and grill.
Thanks
Larry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-03-27          152470

I really doubt that you will find any hoods at a salvage yard yet, a 4300 is too close to new. There are John Deere dealers almoat anywhere that can get you a new hood. I remember reading your original post about this being the second hood to go bad and I did'nt take the time to respond. I have to wonder why or how you could have had two hoods go bad on such a near new tractor, I've not heard of this happening. Did you use something different in the line of a wax or cleaner that the plastic could have reacted with? Or possibly something that put an unusual strain or twist on it? Just curious, I'd hate to see you have it happen to a third one. Frank. ....

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
jbjpam
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-27          152473

A couple on eBay now. Type "Deere 4200" in the search box.
There are usually some on there all the time. $240 to $290. ....

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-03-27          152479

JP; Where would they come from on tractors that near new? My first assumption is that they have been stripped from stolen tractors. Not absolute on this, but I think a 4200 and 4300 are a different hood. Frank. ....

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-27          152480

See Ebay Item Number

John Deere 4300 Hood only. I'll keep my eyes open for the other parts you need.

Joel ....

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
jbjpam

2008-03-27          152481

I am pretty sure they are all interchangeable. I have a 4210 and my brother has a 4300. Side by side they are the same.
Only the decals are changed. I don't believe they are from stripped tractors. They are most likely new old stock. ....

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-03-27          152491

Sorry if I come on as being E-bay negative, and being suspicious of buying stolen goods there, but I have a reason. I personally have never bought or sold anything on E-bay and do not plan to either. I got scalded pretty good on some used tractors and tractor parts on some other old tractor websites. In all cases I had pictures and the persons "Good" word that I was getting what was being described. In all cases the pictures were taken from an angle to hide some nasty imperfections and never was anything told me about the flaws in the item, from cracked engine blocks to missing internal parts, breaks in tires that were on the down side for the picture, etc. they got my money I got the junk, so never again. I have a real hard time beleving that E-bay would be any better than they were. If I can't inspect it in person and be 100% sure it isn't stolen then I just don't buy it. Sorry if I ruffeled any feathers. Frank. ....

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
LDS2121

2008-03-27          152493

Thanks for the replys. I have only washed it with water and some mild soap. The only thing I can think of that was on the hood was spilled diesel fuel. I haven't had any luck finding used parts. I hate to spend about $600.00 for the parts I need. I dont think that incuded decals. just the hood and 2 pc cowling. I havent priced the grill yet as I just noticed it was broke. The grill is broken really low on one side, so I guess I could have hit a stob or something. I really dont like buying without seeing myself, so ebay is out of the question.
I will keep looking .
Thanks to all.

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-03-27          152495

LD; I'm sure that every 4000 series owner here including me has spilled plenty of diesel on the hood, so I having a hard time believing that diesel fuel is the culprit. Have you checked the alignment of the hood hinges to be sure there is no unusual twist that would cause stress cracks when it is in the down position with the front latch locked? There has to be some reason that can be corrected before you break another hood. Frank. ....

need JD4300 hood

View my Photos
jbjpam

2008-03-28          152509

Hardwood, you have not ruffles my feathers in anyway regarding eBay purchases. Bad people can ruin it for others easily. I have only one bad experience on eBay when I was selling a skid steer and the winning buyer backed out.
Both sellers of the two hoods that are on there now have 100% positive ratings which is VERY good considering the number of transactions that they have made. Excellent ratings do not come easily. Just the smallest missed detail like slow shipping can get you a negative rating. One of them appears to be a JD dealer whom I have seen on there for a few years. I would buy from either one without reservations. A lot of money can be saved on eBay. We build machines here at our business and buy new surplus cylinders, transformers, motors etc.. all the time without problems.
A good seller makes themselves available to answer questions and send more pictures if asked and show that they are not a fly by night outfit. You may want to reconsider buying there and save some money while your at it. Just my 2.5 cents (due to inflation) John ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login