Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere JD 955 dragging rear wheel

View my Photos
dgsatx
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-27          143263

Greeting to all, I'm new to the site, I need help with a John Deere 955 compact tractor, it has begun to drag one of the rear wheels especially while under a load. Seems to only be a problem going foward not reverse (hydrostatic transmission. Hydraulic levels are normal, any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-06-27          143265

Not sure about the 955 but i had a 4310 that was hyd and the right rear brake started to hang. I removed the rear wheel and replaced the return spring.............but that did not fix it and what i found was the shaft where the brake lever runs trough the housing needed to be oiled and worked back and fourth for a while and i never had a problem again. I would remove it and spray it with penetrating oil work it some and then use something like white greese to lub. it with. Hope this helps. Oh the shaft i am speaking of is the one behind the wheel that the return spring hooks on....

Jack ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-27          143272

I think(?)the 955 has dry automotive type brakes and the 4000 series has wet brakes (bathed in hydraulic fluid).

If so, it should be relatively easy to check for a bound up cable or rusted brake shoes. ....

View my Photos
Hettric

2007-06-27          143282

The 955 has wet brakes ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-27          143286

OK then. I guess I was thinking it was like the 750/950 models.

Still I am sure it is a brake dragging, especially if it does not do it in reverse.

My 4115 has cables to actuate the parking brake, if the 955 is similar, maybe there is a cable hung up somewhere. ....

View my Photos
ticowannabe

2012-02-07          182326

I'm having the same exact problem. I've traced all the moving parts until It seems that the same brake piece is frozen where it goes through the rear housing (as suggested to you by whiteturbo). I have to remove some attachments to get access, but I'm proceeding per whiteturbo's advice. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login