Go Bottom Go Bottom

Deere 430 3 point hitch

View my Photos
Steve
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-03-22          14069

Does anyone know what 3 point hitches from other tractors will fit a Deere 430 garden tractor?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Deere 430 3 point hitch

View my Photos
Bruce Lahmayer

2000-03-25          14150

Steve, I doubt very much if you will find any other three point that will fit a 430. I had a 420 and wanted a three point for it. I found that John Deere had designed things rather poorly to allow for an easily adding the three point. You have to remove and replace one rather expensive weldment (the rochshaft) if you want do this using John Deere parts. It would have cost John Deere almost nothing to put the put the better rochshaft in these machines in the first place. That would have allowed for easy upgradeability of the three point. The rockshafts look the same except for a few extra brackets on the three point version. My soloution for this was to make my own three point. I used the old rockshaft and just added the necessary brackets for the three point. My design also included telescoping lower links which the factory version did not. It is a nice weekend project for a metalworker. Bruce Lahmayer

Deere 430 3 point hitch

View my Photos
Ben Johnson

2000-03-25          14163

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but it seems that in response to your original post you might be looking for other deere models from which 3ph's will fit, which are the cat.0 3ph's from a 316 w/Onan, 318,322,332,and 420. Oh, and the 330 too, but they were only made for a year. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login