Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-12-05          137586

I traded pickups the other day and let my snowplow go with the deal, so am thinking about trading my 4310 for a cab model. First does anyone know if my 48 hoe and the 430 loader will fit the 3000 series. Second, those of you who have bought a new cab model, what are your thoughts? Thankls. Frank.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-05          137598

To add to your fleet of red ones they have factory cab options too now! ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-12-06          137646

Art; That is a good thought, I like to get along with any crowd, so maybe I should keep "Little Bit" the 4310, and buy a Kubota, my brother in law says they are better anyhow. That way I could fit in with whoever comes around. I did see a cab Deere on a dealer lot yesterday but did'nt have time to stop, so maybe I'll check with him on what fits what. Aint life a hassle, since I've "Retired" so to speak I'm so busy doing nothing that I'm going to have to hire someone to help me, anybody on the board good at that kind of work, let me know. Frank. ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-06          137652

Frank, we have had factory cabs on the Case-IH Farmall's for about a year now and they seem quite nice. I didn't mean for you to have to throw another color altogether in there! ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-12-06          137653

Hardwood, had to chuckle with your retired and busy line. When my Mom and in laws retired it became impossible to find them. TOOOOO BUSSSSYYYYY. and everybody wants you to help since you now have plenty of time. Hope it is great! ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-12-06          137658

Kthompson; I might make a good subject for Dr. Phil, I kinda had to retire for some health issues, not totaly handcaping but enough to make farming quite a struggle, the new modern equipment is a joy to operate but bins still have to be climbed, heavy things still need to be lifted, augers need to be unpluged, etc. I'll be the first to admit that a few tears were shed seeing my tractors, machinery, etc. go down the road on auction day, so I was kind of like a lost little boy for a while. But since then I work for a farmer spring and fall doing soil prep and running a grain cart or chisel plowing in the fall, there isn't much labor involved with any of that, and he has real nice tractors that are as comfortable as a new pickup to drive, so that keeps me in touch with agriculture. Then my wife got me into some volunteer things at our church, nursing homes, etc. We've had a little place on the river for several years that was going to rust down if we did'nt start using it more, so we spent a lot more time there this summer, met lots of nice folks, got involved with pot lucks, a few road trips, and so on. So yes "Retirement" can get to be a full time job, but I've got over the lost little boy thing now and really enjoying every day. That's my sermon for today. Frank. ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-12-06          137659

Hardwood, sorry about the health issue but the rest sound really good. The health issue might be causing you to be more of a helper than other wise would have been. Can be funny how God uses our weakness. ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-12-06          137661

Kthompson; The health issue I speak of involves my legs, weakness and lots of leg pain. I've had a ton of tests that aways come back negative. This coming Friday I go to the hospital again for some more intense testing, so maybe thay will find a way to relieve it. But if not I'll just keep taking the pain killers and keep doing what I'm doing now. I've learned that all you have to do is sit in the waiting room in the orthopedics clinic at the University of Iowa Hospital and see people who are so much worse off than me that you sort of think why am I sitting here, I don't really have any problems compared to some of those poor souls. Frank. ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-12-06          137662

Hardwood,
You are so right on that (the waiting room). ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2006-12-08          137760

The hoe will not work on a cab model...i have a 3520 and i don't think a hoe will fit on the cab models. The 430 loader is something that i was told would not work on the 3520 something about the grill guard but i think it could be made to work because the 300 series will work on the 4310 and so on so i do not see why it could not be made to work somehow. JMO i do not know for sure.
Jack ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-12-09          137763

Whiteturbo; Thanks for the info. I checked with the dealer a couple days ago. He said that the 48 hoes will not fit a 3000 series cab tractor and my 430 loader won't fit the new ones but the 300 loader will fit the 4310. I brought home a new pickup yesterday so the Mrs. said I'd better cool it for a while on trading tractors. She is one dickens of a good cook, so I'd better toe the line a bit I guess. Frank. ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2006-12-09          137764

If she is all that maybe i could bring my cab tractor up there and we can use it ..then have a good meal !!!!! What a man will do for a good meal. ....

John Deere cab tractors

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-12-09          137767

Whiteturbo; We are both of German decent so she was taught by her mother to cook the old German way. No pink in the middle meat around here, so done you can't keep it on your fork, lots of real mashed potatoes, gravy and home made pies. When I need some grunt work done all I have to do is tell the boys that Mom will have roast beef on Sunday and they all show up. I've found it's best to get the work done before we feed them tho. So maybe better buy a new pair of coverslls and keep the 4310. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login