Go Bottom Go Bottom

4410 front tires

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-18          108218

I'm looking at either a 4410 or 3520 with turf tires. JD and CNH put small tires on the front. Does anybody know if the front rims are the same as on a 4510 or 3720? 4410/3520 has 27 x 8.5 x 15 turfs and the 4510/3720 has 27 x 10.5 x 15 turfs. Don't know if the rims have the same hole spacing, centerhole and offset.

My Cub Cadet 7275 has 27 x 10.5 x 15 turfs and that is the only way to go. I've never had trouble with them and can even drive over a curb with a full bucket. That size tire leaves hardly any impressions on a lawn even with a full loader.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4410 front tires

View my Photos
acerguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-06          109494

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but I have to say that one of my few complaints of my JD4100 is that the front tires are just too small! And the way the FEL fits, even if I were to upsize the rear to keep the lead the same, there is no room to go bigger (or wider) on the front. :-( ....

4410 front tires

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-04-06          109498

I was going to sell my Cadet for a newer tractor but have found that it is sized in between Deere and CNH models. To get the same size front tires as I have, I need to go to the next bigger tractor that takes a 72" bucket instead of my 60". That sucks, because then the tractor is much larger and has huge rear wheels that won't fit in the furrow when I fall plow. I really didn't want a 72" bucket. The stance is so wide that I would also have to go to a bigger rear blade.

You should be able to go with a wider front tire if you have an off-set rim. I've been thinking about splitting the rim around the O.D. and rolling a widening strip and welding it inbetween to get a wider rim for the wider tire size. We did that back on the farm when I was a kid. Here at that shop it is easy. Maybe I should sell these to fix the problem.

Although allot of people don't think much about Cub-Cadets, I'm finding out it is really a good machine and shouldn't sell it. ....

4410 front tires

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-04-06          109499

acreguy, Looks like you have the factory r-4's. You can go bigger on the front of your 4100.

I have 24x8.50-12 Firestone Turf and Field's on the front of mine. They provide a 5 percent lead for my 35 inch tall rear tires. ....

4410 front tires

View my Photos
acerguy

2005-04-07          109535

Actually they're the R3's in 23x8.5x12. I don't think going up to 24" would be much of a problem...I happen to have an extra set of tires in that size that I want to try this year. If I could only move the front axle forward about 2" I could really get crazy (26 x 10.5!) Of course I would have to make a corresponding change in the rear...and I don't think there's enough room for that. ;-) ....

4410 front tires

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-04-07          109537

A 23 x 10.5 x 12 turf tire is available. I'm not sure about the plys available. This should help you out if mounted on a wider rim. Altering a rim as mentioned before adding a 2" width strip would do it. ....

4410 front tires

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-04-07          109538

You are right about the rear tire size. Check my pics #2.... It shows my 4100 with 35 inch rear tires. That pretty much max's out the space available. ....

4410 front tires

View my Photos
acerguy

2005-04-07          109543

Thanks, DRankin! I've looked through your pictures before but it looks like you've added some new ones with more detail! I've been seriously thinking of doing some truck tires (Super Swampers TSL's to be exact) as they would appear to give more traction than the turfs yet be a little kinder on the soft ground I have. Yooperpete thanks for the widening tip...I know I've read about that on some (lawn) tractor pulling sites. And sorry about hijacking your thread!! ....

4410 front tires

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-07          109546

yoperpete; I'm sure you're well aware of the dangers of altered rims, but for those who are not experienced with them. Quite a few years ago a man in our neighborhood was killed when a rim he widened himself came apart while he leaned over it inflating the tire. I'm not that good of a welder to trust myself, but a qualified person can do the job. Frank. ....

4410 front tires

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-04-07          109548

Hardwood:
I agree, somethings like welding to widening a rim should be left to professionals or those that are fully capable. I have a welder at home and never even use it. Our shop has all sorts of welders, fabricators and machinists. I can get anything made! These jobs are rated in 6 packs, 12 packs and 30 packs or multiples thereof.

In the case of what I originally was looking for, is if anyone knew if the rims from a larger JD fit a smaller JD. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login