Go Bottom Go Bottom

Need wiring harness for JD 950

View my Photos
johndem33
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-13          155274

Can someone point me to a reasonably priced source for a complete wiring harness for a John Deere 950 tractor? I could probably even create one if I had a wiring diagram.
Thanks,
John

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
leejohn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-18          155398

John did you get your 950 wired up? I just seen your post. I still have my manuals for the 950 and I well look tomorrow to see if I can make a copy of the wiring for you, if still interested.
Lee ....

View my Photos
johndem33

2008-07-19          155424

Lee,

I’d love to take you up on your offer as I have not purchased the wiring harness nor have I found a diagram. I have a 950 manual, but it must be a condensed version as a wiring diagram is not included.

Thanks again Lee!

John

View my Photos
johndem33

2008-07-19          155425

Wow Lee, I just looked at your pictures! Was that a chain saw extended off your FEL? That would come in handy! You have extended the use of a small tractor beyond 90% of what most people use them for. Congratulations! You are a talented and skilled guy!

John ....

View my Photos
leejohn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-20          155427

Thanks for kind words John. Yes it is a electric chain saw and the thing works great. That's the 3rd thing i came up with that someone took my ideal and went big time with it. I guess there are times I should of just not opened my mouth. There are 2 guys that ran with that one. That's ok I don't have the money to Mfg anyway and way to old. As long as I make something to make it easy on me that's all I care about.
John I have 2 books on the 950. I think one might be the parts manual. I bring them up from the shop tomorrow and if it has the wiring I well post or sent to you.
How do you like the 950? I got mine new in 81 or 82 and traded it for a kubota L3010 in 03 I think. The only trouble I had was with the brakes. It sure did me right.

Until later. Lee ....

View my Photos
johndem33

2008-07-20          155460

Lee,

I would love to have a small FEL for light use. If I had one, I think I would fabricate a chain saw boom like yours, as I'd rather have the FEL under the tree branches I'm trimming than me!

Thanks for looking up the wiring diagram for me. Would you want to sell your 950 manuals? That is, if you are not needing them anymore since your '03 upgrade.

I purchased my 950 from my neighbor about ten years ago. He had it for about 12 or so years before me, and he bought it new. I suspect it is around an '85 model or so. I have a small pasture of only 2.5 acres that I mow and then there is the wife's garden; about 50 square feet that I till a couple times a year.

I'd love to upgrade to a 4 wheel drive model, but that will have to be when the last child is out of college; only four more years!

Yes, my brakes have needed the linings replaced more than I think they should for the little use and they need adjusting too often too. Otherwise, it has been a very nice, small tractor. Always starts. Over the years the wiring through age and a little neglect needs to be replaced. I want to make sure in particular that the hot light is working and it would be nice to get the head lights working for those occasional late evening mows.

I look forward to your next post.

Regards,
John ....

View my Photos
leejohn

2008-07-20          155465

John I forgot to bring the manual up tonight. Well try again tomorrow. Don't give up on me.
I had 2 950's and one had a loader on it. It was older then the one I hauled to Mo. when I sold my business. We used them to move boats around, it also had ag. tire on it and I didn't like that one so, I keep the one with the turf. The ag. tire would wear real bad on lime stone. They would only last about 2 years.
The turf tires I couldn't get up the hill to my house if there was heavy due, but it sure would float, so I had to run chains all the time. Ruff ride. I posted a pic of the Deere last night if you want to see it, taken the same year I traded I think. The tires were on it when I got and when I traded.
If you pay the shipping I'll give you yhe manuals.
As far as the loader I would look at loader MFG. not Deere. I know deere doesn't have any. You might find one that still have there old fixtures.

Lee ....

View my Photos
johndem33

2008-07-21          155470

Lee,

Thanks for the update. Yes, I'd gladly pay the shipping for the 950 manuals and something for your time. Just let me know how much and where and how you would like me to send it to you. My address is: John DeMattia, 2214 Shannon Lane, Richardson, TX 75082.

Nice picture of your old 950. Those tires are nice to lawns, but won't do much on wet grass or hills, which is why I can see you needing the chains.

Were you in the boat business at one time as you mention using the 950 to move boats around? As a kid, I use to work at a marina in south Florida. I love boats. I built a 3 point hydroplane when I was in junior high. I sunk it nearly every time I went out in it as it was built for calm water and there wasn't very much of that where I was.

No hurry on the manual, when ever you can get to it.

Thanks,
John ....

View my Photos
leejohn

2008-07-21          155496

John the manuals are packed up and as soon as I can get to town they well the on the way. Around Wes. I think. My the way the front turfs only lasted about 4 years on that lime stone.
I worked as service Manager for 16 yrs for a guy that only had 1 boat and no motor to start. and ended up 3 stores. 1 in Roscoe, Ill.,1 in Davenport,Iowa, and 1 at Lake Mead, Nevada. He got way to big for me so I went into service and boat storage for 15 yrs. Leaving him was hard to do he was like a father to me. About 3 years after I left he started selling everything or closed the stores. Well that is my little story.

Lee ....

View my Photos
johndem33

2008-07-21          155503

Lee,

The tires on my 950 are original! No limestone around me and not that much tractor use. Yes, I've fixed a few flats over the years. The tractor is kept in the shade so the sun hasn't been too bad to it.

Here's my boat story: When I turned 14, I started working for Ted Smith (not the correct name) at his marina in Pompano Beach, FL. He was a nice guy and I learned a lot from him. During the summer, I worked 12 hours per day, 7 days per week. At $1 per hour, I made $84 per week! That was good money back then, especially for a 14 year old. In one day, I could scrape the barnacles off the bottom of an 18' boat, sand the bottom and paint it with a lead based paint to inhibit future barnacle growth. Income to Ted would be $160. Costs were $20 in paint, $3 paint brush, and $12 to me for a total of $35. That netted Ted $125 profit. Not bad money. My problem is I figured that out by myself at 14. So, when I turned 15, I asked for a raise; after all, the local grocery store paid 15 year olds $1.60 per hour! Ted told me he couldn't afford to give me a raise. So, despite my love of boats, I began working in the produce department!

I hope I didn't bore you too much!

Thanks for boxing up the manuals! Please let me know how I am to pay you (how much $ and how you would like me to send it to you).

Regards,
John ....

View my Photos
leejohn

2008-07-23          155575

John the manuals are on the way. It cost $9.80 send me a check for $10.00 to the address on the box.

Later, Lee ....

View my Photos
johndem33

2008-07-23          155590

Many thanks Lee! I promise to put the manuals to good use.

Please let me know if there is ever something I can do for you.

Best regards,
John ....

View my Photos
jon950

2008-09-23          156821

John, I would like to share in your good fortune in locating 950 manuals. Would you be willing to loan them to me so I can copy them? The only manual I have is an I&T JD-47. I'm certainly willing to share it with you. I also have the original owners manual. I have access to a copier and could make the copy the same day I receive them.
My 950 has about 385 hours and is in great condition. I do have one problem with a dead spot in the starter.
let me know if you are willing. ....

View my Photos
johndem33

2008-09-24          156835

Jon950,
I'm ok with lending you the two manuals. Together, there are about 750 pages to copy. Shipping would be about $10 each way. Then there is your time and copy expense. Are you sure you want to do this? ....

View my Photos
jon950

2008-09-25          156841

I have a very fast copier that will copy on ledger paper so I can copy two pages at once and I have time. Would you like a copy of either of the books I have? I will be sending you a check for the $10 aong with mailing instructions. ....

View my Photos
johndem33

2008-09-25          156849

I never did have an original owner's manual. I'm pretty sure I had a JD-47 manual, but I can't find it. If its not too much trouble, it would be nice to have a copy of both. Let me know what you would like me to pay you for that.
John ....

View my Photos
leejohn

2008-09-28          156894

John did you get your 950 wired up? Lee ....

View my Photos
johndem33

2008-09-28          156903

I'm embarassed to say the honest answer is partially. It's a priority issue. It's my priority to get it done, but not my wife's!

I've been working on starting a new business and that is where my extra time has gone.

I'm thinking about moving the 950 to the house where all my tools are and that will allow me to more easily work on it in the evenings and weekends.

I will update you Lee on my progress.

Thanks for asking.

John

View my Photos
jon950

2008-09-30          156939

John, I'll send you the copy of the two books I have when I return your books. No cost, I'm just hapy to get a copy of your books. ....

View my Photos
mchmj1

2010-02-12          168542

Looking to purchase a JD 950 (1986 supposedly), but concerned that the PTO grinds and is hard to incage with the clutch depressed. The seller cranked it without the key (said he forgot to bring it) and also mentioned that the tractor will sart in gear and wanted me to be aware of that???
Tractordata.co shows that this tractor should have a two stage clutch so why is it grinding while engaging the PTO?

Didn't know where else to post this question. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-02-12          168553

I have an inverter hardwired to my tractor battery so I can plug my electric chainsaw into it. Is that how you power yours?

Would love to see a closeup photo of your saw attachment. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login