Go Bottom Go Bottom

Used Tractor Implement Price Guide

View my Photos
deerewantabe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-28          144114

Is there any rule of thumb what used attachments should sell for. Ie 50% of retail?? 75% of retail??

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-28          144116

Deerewantabe,

Used attachments sell well below the retail price....often less than 50%. If you're not in a big hurry to get what you want, try your local farm retirement auctions. The best prices will be found there.

Used implements can be found in excellent condition, at very low prices, provided you're willing to wait for what you want.

Your local implement dealer will never offer used implements at prices as low as can be found at auction.

Try searching for used implements at Proxibid.com. The bargains will surprise you.

Joel ....

View my Photos
deerewantabe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-28          144118

Thanks, I have checked out the proxibid.com and it looks great. I especially like the history of what was sold in the past.
Thanks again. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-28          144121

Deerewantabe,

I just checked the results of an auction held earlier this morning.

Hinson Auction and Real Estate Inc.

Auction held Saturday July 28, 2007

Jackson, Tennessee

Lot# 307 = 3pt Post Hole Digger with 10 inch auger (Very good condition)
SOLD! Price = $250.00

Lot# 332 = Woods RM550 3pt hitch grooming mower (In like new condition!)
SOLD! Price = $550.00

Your local implement dealer would never offer these implements at these low prices!

When auctions like this come up in your area, there is simply no better price to be found! On the other hand, to have either of these items shipped across country would likely end up costing the buyer a small fortune.

Shopping the local auctions is always the best deal, provided you don't jump at the first item that comes up. Some of the equipment has clearly seen its better days. (The pictures generally tell the story) I'm always selective in what I buy, and I never purchase anything that's located too far away, nor anything that has clearly been mistreated or abused. Even so, a fresh coat of paint can be deceiving. It is always best, if possible, to visit the auction site and look at the equipment, before placing a bid, as you will never get a refund on anything you decide to purchase.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login