Go Bottom Go Bottom

jd 5425 cab

View my Photos
howardpetersen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-06-25          112763

What do you think of this price i got in texas?

5425 cab , 2wd,air seat,9/3 tran,radio,2 rem 33200
jd 522 bucket w grill guard 3550

total 36750

0%, 36 months. What do you think

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

jd 5425 cab

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-26          112772

I SERIOUSLY recommend taking a look at a Kioti DK65S. You can get one with a FEL, 6' rotary cutter, and PHD for about $35,000. The Deere is a NICE machine but you will pay DEERELY for it compared to the Kioti, ;O) ....

jd 5425 cab

View my Photos
howardpetersen

2005-06-26          112783

I was tempted to look at other tractors but deere and kubota are the only service dealers in my area. I am not a mechanic. I am ok with paying a premium. I just want to make sure that the price is fair for a John Deere and that I cant work on the salesman for more discount. ....

jd 5425 cab

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-26          112784

Understandable and probably a wise decision. You can do the build your own thing on the Deere website and knock off about 15% of the MSRP price they show for the typical good sale price. 20% is not the unheard of but that will require some hard bargaining. Models and equipment that do not move well or are aged inventory can be discounted as much as 25% but this is not the norm. Implements they will knock off about 10 to 15% ....

jd 5425 cab

View my Photos
Gypsy

2005-09-26          116924

Great setup, drop the cab, get the 542 and 4x4 with the power reverser, You'll be happier with that than sittin in a "cab" in texas, enjoy the sun, heavier loaders make better friends.

Gypsy ....

jd 5425 cab

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-26          116951

I strongly agree with Gypsy about 4WD if you get a FEL. I will say that A/C sure is nice when baling hay or bush hogging for hours on end. Also minimizes the amount of dust and plant debry you breath in as well. ....

jd 5425 cab

View my Photos
Gypsy

2005-09-27          116991

"I will say that A/C sure is nice when baling hay or bush hogging for hours on end. Also minimizes the amount of dust and plant debry you breath in as well."

Welcome to farmin', better than suckin up chemical/refinery/factory fumes, just a comment, no harm intended. Cabs are great for the elements, if rainin sit and have a brew, if snowin, stoke up the stove, sun shinin, reap hay or put on the carrhats and push snow. Peace out.

Gypsy ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login