Go Bottom Go Bottom

ignitor

View my Photos
jdurb1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-06-21          190498

cant find the ignitor on a 2x4 gator 2004 its not under the gov. arm like the dealer said it would be gator idles but dies when it starts to move then starts right up again

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

ignitor

View my Photos
gatoraider

2014-06-22          190501

There is no separate ignitor on a 2004, it is part of the coil. It's normal for 4x2s to die on take off when they are cold. Try pulling the choke out a little when you take off and see if that helps. If it does it when warm, you could have a clogged jet, air or main, or there was a restrictor in the air intake of some of them. That restrictor, if it's there, could be broken or the mice like them too. Basically too much air or too little gas...............If you want to do the ignitor thing, you'll have to get a coil. ....

ignitor

View my Photos
jdurb1

2014-06-22          190502

it just shuts down before it even gets warm I cleaned gas tank , new gas, new fuel pump, new carb,restrictor and air filter ,all where bad, I can understand pump and carb going at the same time but now the coil? but anyway thanks for the info that's more than the dealer could give unbelievable what I had to go through to find out it has no ignitor so I guess ill replace the coil now is there any kind of sensor that could be shutting it down it seems if the coil was bad it would not run at all how can I test coil before purchasing new ....

ignitor

View my Photos
gatoraider

2014-06-23          190509

No sensors. The fact that it runs sometimes could mean that the ignitor part of the coil is bad. Seems that's the only thing left, stator only charges the battery...........One other thing, check the shaft key for the flywheel and make sure it's straight and tight. ....

ignitor

View my Photos
jdurb1

2014-06-24          190528

put the coil on today and it runs perfect 500.00 for a 2004 gator with 3500 hours 500.00 for all new tires 10. one new valve, 25.00 fuel pump, 200.00 carb, 120.00 coil with built in ignitor , primary clutch free, secondary clutch 230.00 total 1600.00 for a very clean mechanicly sound gator im very happy today thank you for the help ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login