Go Bottom Go Bottom

Year and type of Gators

View my Photos
vaughn45
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-05-30          187116

Have two gators one has serial number of *W004X2X046688* the other one has a serial number of W04X2"S"D0494855. The letter in quotes I believe to be an "S" wher it could be a 3,8,9. Not suree. Trying to read to read the number thru the laser holes in the paint. Any help whould be greatly appreciated. Just need to know which selection of parst breakdown I need to use on each one and the year.
Thank You for your time
Vaughn45

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Year and type of Gators

View my Photos
toolate

2013-06-01          187145

if possible take a photo with your smartphone and enlarge it so you can see it giant size. If you can touch it clean and run a Sharpie marker over it and take the picture again..... ....

Year and type of Gators

View my Photos
vaughn45

2013-06-04          187221

Can't take photo as nothing to see. S/N has to be W04X2"S"DO49485. Now which belt and what dash do I purchase for this gator? The S/N of the Transaxle is 048330. The JD P/N is 133460 I believe but am unable to locate the number in a parts break down. I also have another Gator S/N W004X2X046688. What type is this and what drive belt does it use? Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Vaughn45 ....

Year and type of Gators

View my Photos
gatoraider

2013-06-04          187223

I have never seen or heard of a serial number like the first one you have. The serial number is also etched in the top of the frame rail under the passenger seat. Look there and see if that's the same number. Your second Gator is a 4x2 and takes a RE28721 drive belt. ....

Year and type of Gators

View my Photos
vaughn45

2013-06-05          187247

Thank you for the information. I have another question. The second gator which takes the belt you told me about has been jumping out of gear while running down the road. Any ideas as to the problem with it?
thank you
Vaughn45 ....

Year and type of Gators

View my Photos
gatoraider

2013-06-05          187253

If it grinds going into gear as well, you may have an issue with the shift collar meshing with the forward gear. Good way to tell is if it grinds going into both forward and reverse it is probably something outside the transaxle, like idle too high when shifting or the linkage out of adjustment causing it to jump out of gear. If it only grinds going into forward and it jumps out of gear sometimes, it is most likely the shift collar and forward gear. Forward gear is used most often so it will wear out faster than reverse. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login