Go Bottom Go Bottom

AMT 600 battery

View my Photos
johnnylabguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-03-07          177250

Just picked up an old school 5 wheel AMT600 for firewood hauling duty and need a new battery. They no longer sell the original part number battery. Any replacement suggestions? Any other feedback on this model is welcome too. I already know that the brake pads are hard to come by as I need them too! Looking for ideas on how to improve that bad design as well. Any help will be appreciated!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

AMT 600 battery

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-03-11          177345

I know nothing on this machine but as to the brakes I have heard of companies who would reline your old shoes/pads. Is the battery so unusual it takes one made just for it? ....

AMT 600 battery

View my Photos
johnnylabguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-03-11          177350

No, I guess not. I just ended up using an inexpensive lawn tractor battery and it works fine for the hydraulic/electric dump bed. My next task is to get the ignition problem figured out. I have a service manual on the way. Previous owner(s) had bypassed the key switch to a push button start button and a chunk of the solenoid housing plastic is busted out where someone tried to remove a rusted nut from the positive negative post. I replaced the copper post and epoxied the missing plastic back in but she's still not turning over. The guy I bought it from was able to start it by directly touching a charger to the solenoid posts and it ran well. I'm just not sure if I need to replace the solenoid, the whole starter, or if they just have the wiring boogered up! Hopefully the manual will help. I'm not going to move any further until I see a wiring diagram. Any suggestions?

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login