Go Bottom Go Bottom

825 xuv alternator

View my Photos
losstsoul
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-01-12          176371

Anyone remove the Alt on a 2010 xuv 825. I drove mine in a deep mud hole ( over the hood) And now the alt doesn't charge. I looked at it and its full of mud and junk. I want to pulll it off to try to clean it out before I replace it. Getting it loose isn't a problem but getting it out is impossible looks like I need to seperate the trans or engine.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

825 xuv alternator

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-13          176382

Well since it has been treated to a mud bath, would it hurt to just wash it on the engine and allow it to dry well? Or is it possible to reach it with say a rubber hammer and air hose at same time to tap it to loosen the mud and blow it out? Then if it does not work worry with pulling it. ....

825 xuv alternator

View my Photos
DAVIDJD

2011-01-14          176406

I purchased a new 825i four weeks ago. The alternator went out the first day of operation. I have been waiting on a new one from JD since then- they have none! I would suggest verifying availability prior to jacking with the one you have.

825 xuv alternator

View my Photos
whtgrower

2011-01-17          176453

What kind of alt problems did you have. I had problems with snow getting into my alternator, then freezing overnight, which locked up alternator and smoked belt. ....

825 xuv alternator

View my Photos
DAVIDJD

2011-01-17          176462

My alternator was faulty from the mfr. JD says it was drawing down the battery. It ran from purchase until the battery died (less than one day). The problem I am having is getting a replacement from JD who "has no 825i parts." I have a brand new 825i but I cannot drive it. This has been going on for nearly five weeks now.

If you have an 825, don't break it! If you are thinking of buying one I would wait. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login