Go Bottom Go Bottom

HPX starting issue

View my Photos
sargex595
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-08          173862

I purchased a used 2005 HPX 4X4 diesel. Some times it starts right up after waiting for the glow plugs light to go off. Other times it won't start and takes me about 4 or 5 times and then it will run rough for about 30 sec before it smooths out and runs normal. The times it does start right up, it runs smooth from the start. I'm assuming it has a glow plug issue and just ysterday I cleaned the connections on the glow plugs. I only tried it once and it did start right up. It had 145 hrs when I bought it last fall and it now has 205 hrs. Has anyone else had this problem and should it continue, any suggestions? Thanks, Curt.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

HPX starting issue

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-09          173879

You might be correct there but for the machine to be that old with that few of hours on it fuel comes to my mind. It seems ti would be possible there could be gelled fuel in the tank or water. Have you checked or replaced the fuel filter? Do you run a fuel conditioner in it? ....

HPX starting issue

View my Photos
sargex595
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-09          173905

Yes, I did have it serviced when I first bought it and they changed all the filters/fluids and I do run conditioner in it. My neighbor has several older tractors that he maintains and suggested I put some Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel which I did. I have started it cold 2 times since I cleaned the connections and so far it has started right up. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login